SASS Wire Forum

They go too far! Not John Wayne!

Appears to me that every snowflake in the country wants to knockdown history and people in to appease themselves.

44 minutes ago, Palo Verde, SASS # 56522 said:

Coming from you? :lol:

Perpetuating an internet reputation...thanks.

But can't we have a place where fricken politics aren't discussed?????

Don't you have any other venue to display your political/social frustrations???

Phantom

40 minutes ago, Palo Verde, SASS # 56522 said:

Yes, I know: "well, maybe it would be better in the Saloon where no one reads or looks,

Well...In my opinion some of the finest people in this sport hang out in the Saloon. I tired of The Wire years ago. People complained that my cowboy poetry had nothing to do with shooting. And I guess they were right.

So those types stay over there and I stay here. Win Win. ;)

44 minutes ago, Palo Verde, SASS # 56522 said:

John Wayne 

Moving this post -- intended to be a fun post -- to the saloon because one social misfit complains is merely an indication of the problem we face. Reacting, folding and bending in the breeze of "let us offend no one that claims an offense", is, indeed, a disappointment.  :lol:

How many times has this club and members done or said things that honored what John Wayne stood for? Themed shoots after him, made stages after him. And now at least, one person, can't stand up to a social misfit that complains about a post that that makes light of the people that can't stand up to other social misfits. :)

Yes, I know: "well, maybe it would be better in the Saloon where no one reads or looks, we certainly don't want anything that could be taken as political or that could be claimed to be controversial (as one person said) ..." for Pete's sake! Do we now, as a cowboy club, wish to disassociate ourselves from a guy that died 40 years ago, that we have held up as idol, for someone's current interpretation of what he said 50 years ago? :rolleyes:

Yes, I know. SASS was founded in southern California. 

Say what you like, on whatever site.  If anyone is offended, they don't have to read or comment.

Archived