SASS Wire Forum

An Alpo-esque musing...

At 2:00 p.m. it's already hunnert and three degrees outside in the shade, and I'm "sheltering in."

So, while watching an old Gunsmoke re-run, I began to ponder....  How did Chester put on his right boot every morning~?  :rolleyes:

Did he wear them boots it's just got the itty bitty you can just barely get your finger in the loop pill straps?

678102i_ts.jpg

Or did he wear mule ear teamster/miner boots, with a pull on strap that hangs down eight inches?

mule%20%20ear%20boots-700x700.jpg

Or could be he used a pair of arm stretchers.

71K5k-95P3L._AC_UY1000_.jpg

One of the magics of T.V.

Matt probably helped him so he could get the coffee going!

The irony of it was that James Arness had been wounded in the right leg during WWII, and as a result of the bones not healing right he had a bit of a limp that was hidden for Gunsmoke, while Dennis Weaver did not have a limp, but added it to give the Chester Goode character some depth.

9 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

The irony of it was that James Arness had been wounded in the right leg during WWII, and as a result of the bones not healing right he had a bit of a limp that was hidden for Gunsmoke, while Dennis Weaver did not have a limp, but added it to give the Chester Goode character some depth.

In the Drama House, Hugh Laurie acted his limp so much that it gave him a real limp.

8 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

In the Drama House, Hugh Laurie acted his limp so much that it gave him a real limp.

He probably had to have physical therapy so he could walk normal again!

I’m having to have PT twice a week myself right now, because I’ve been in the hospital three times this year already with back surgery.  I’ve been walking strangely for so long, she’s got me walking outside correcting me every few steps until I get it right.  It is hard for me to notice, and great to have the help.

i can imagine how as an actor, affecting the limp can make it happen for real.

Cat Brules

Archived