SASS Wire Forum

why I love my shopping GF

Dirty Dog Doug

Gun club $4.99 a box 

she asks is there limit  ???  no ... ok give me 20 ... guy comes back with 2 cases of 10 

she sez get me 20 of those ! I am set for the rest my cowboy years 

gun clubs.jpg

About 04 maybe 05. New sporting goods store opened. Sportsman's Warehouse (?), maybe. They went out of business a couple years ago.

Anyway. They had a grand opening special. PMC 9mm 115 ball. $4.00 a box, limit four. After that, $5.00 box.

I go in, back to the gun counter. Behind the counter I can see three boxes of 9mm. I ask if he has any more. He asks me how much I want. I tell him, "all of it".

He digs down under the counter and comes up with a total of eight boxes.

I ask if that is all he had. Did he not have any in the back?

He said he was sure there was, and how much did I want.

I again tell him, "all of it".

I bought nine cases.

Lucky dog

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

About 04 maybe 05. New sporting goods store opened. Sportsman's Warehouse (?), maybe. They went out of business a couple years ago.

Anyway. They had a grand opening special. PMC 9mm 115 ball. $4.00 a box, limit four. After that, $5.00 box.

I go in, back to the gun counter. Behind the counter I can see three boxes of 9mm. I ask if he has any more. He asks me how much I want. I tell him, "all of it".

I bought nine cases.

What, they didn't sell toilet paper or hand sanitizer?:P

I told the lady at the register that I had a hungry machine gun.

I could not load 9 mm in new brass for $5 a box. That wasn't counting my time either, that was components.

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And people wonder why there are shortages...Or I should say “perceived shortages”.

The only shortages I've encountered were for .30 US Krag.  I had to shop around a bit, but found six boxes.  That will last me the rest of my life.

26 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The only shortages I've encountered were for .30 US Krag.  I had to shop around a bit, but found six boxes.  That will last me the rest of my life.

I don’t think .30 Krag is a round most folks go in search of. ;)

Back before Dicks lost their minds my wife walked in to look at camping supplies she discovered that shot gun shells and clay birds were on sale. Twenty cases of shot gun shells and the same number of cases of birds later she left. That haul includes several cases of 16ga, We didn’t own a 16ga.

I’m still using that ammo and haven’t dented the bird supply. 
Needless to say her motto is more is better 

Most the the LGS around here and I've noticed a lot of online places are limiting ammo purchases especially on 9mm, .223, 5.56, .308 .45 acp and .38 spl.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

We have some at our store. I'd get you some more, just so I didn't have to keep straightening it, but you're a tad far away.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I don’t think .30 Krag is a round most folks go in search of. ;)

But I bought  Browning (Winchester) 1895 back in  1995 and just love that gun.  Don't shoot it much, but I do love it.  Had a cory of the old Ideal bridge peep sight (Providence Brand) put on it and it shoots dead on a 200 yards which is way beyond the distance I shoot anymore.

31 minutes ago, DocWard said:

We have some at our store. I'd get you some more, just so I didn't have to keep straightening it, but you're a tad far away.

Thanks, but I got all I'll ever use.  I don't even know anyone except a friend in Utah who shoots it anymore and his is a sporterized miltary model.

5 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

But I bought  Browning (Winchester) 1895 back in  1995 and just love that gun.

What I meant is that round is not one people tend to buy in huge quantities so they have them on hand “just in case”. 

23 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I just ordered 1000 rounds of 7.62X39 soft point for just over $250 delivered. 

Nice price. Good for you. I wish I could find 7.62 x 51 at that cost. :D

How can you guys even mention the ammo? You can make or buy all of that that you will ever need......

..... the point of all this is the wonderful GF! 

She's definitely a keeper.

13 hours ago, Alpo said:

I bought nine cases.

Mighty neighborly of you to take it all and leave nothing for anyone else 

4 hours ago, Fence Cutter said:

How can you guys even mention the ammo? You can make or buy all of that that you will ever need......

..... the point of all this is the wonderful GF! 

She's definitely a keeper.

What happens if she decides it is all her's and decides not to share? :o

I bought ammo so   my neighbors are safe tooo

my best deal was 1600 round black pack for $60 an 20 rebate limit 20 cases  that price back when I was  boy 

The only I have purchased during the COVID pandemic was a Winchester commemorative box of 30 carbine.  I also, bought reloading dies, Starline brass & 110 grain 30 carbine bullets.  I took the plunge & bought my 1st military collectable.  Ethiopia just emptied out their firearms storage warehouses.  You will find that many surplus firearms importers are advertising Ethiopian Carcanos, Enfields, Mausers & M1 Carbines.  I bought a early production carbine that is in original configuration.  Some of the bolt action rifles date to the late 19th century.

Archived