SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Hiring

Pat Riot

5 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Where are they located?  As much as I love the mountains and the climate, the continual smell of weed in Colorado has worn thin.

Click on the site provided by Pat. Locations are shown

Argh, never mind.  I looked at the link.  I'm not an engineer, and there is no way on God's green earth they could pay me what I make now for the blue collar jobs.  I'd do them, but not in New England, not in southeastern Missouri, not in North Carolina, and not for the pay they are likely offering.  I'm a big fan of climate and politics, and I would never survive in New England based on their political leanings.  I would never survive in southeastern Missouri or North Carolina based on their climate.  That Scottish blood of mine runs cold -- I run the air conditioner when it's 70 degrees outside, and if I'm going for a run (I'm still in the army, remember), I will wear shorts and a T-shirt if it is 30 degrees.  If I'm not running, a hooded sweatshirt at 30 degrees is all I want.  

It's unfortunate (or fortunate?) that my job skillset is very specialized.  My credentials will always have me working in the defense industry, either in operational planning, combatant command strategy development, or space operations.  It pays well, has no shift work, and got me out of my hated law enforcement career.  I could also teach history or management, given my degrees, but we're back to having my pay slashed by 2/3 if I take a teaching job.  

Howdy,

I was just talking to ruger customer service and she said the production

is full steam ahead.  Stock prices are around 70.

Arent all you pards that followed my advice and bought at five HAPPY?

Best

CR

On 6/27/2020 at 6:38 AM, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Where are they located?  As much as I love the mountains and the climate, the continual smell of weed in Colorado has worn thin.

You guys are all laughing at this comment, but I was 100% serious.  I'm fortunate enough to live rurally, but I work in the city.  Whenever I go to town, the smell is pervasive everywhere.  It's more annoying than I can ever explain.  My kids knew the smell of weed when they were 8 years old -- I didn't know it until I became a cop!!!

1 hour ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

You guys are all laughing at this comment, but I was 100% serious.  I'm fortunate enough to live rurally, but I work in the city.  Whenever I go to town, the smell is pervasive everywhere.  It's more annoying than I can ever explain.  My kids knew the smell of weed when they were 8 years old -- I didn't know it until I became a cop!!!

the stink of weed is everywhere in Colorado and you are not alone in finding it annoying.  Between that and the liberal politics, I am glad to be leaving soon.   Will miss the weather.  

Meanwhile, back at the topic....

Some years ago we had a cowboy machinist who took a job at Ruger In Newport, NH, enjoyed the heck out of it I think.  It was Rusty Marlin.  A few years later he moved on to another gun company, I think in Maryland,

8 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

the stink of weed is everywhere in Colorado and you are not alone in finding it annoying.  Between that and the liberal politics, I am glad to be leaving soon.   Will miss the weather.  

DITO's in CA.  The smell is worse from the plants in August & September.  Wouldn't want to live within 1 mile of a commercial grow operation.  Commercial growing operations should be confined to indoors with scrubbers on the ventilation exhaust stack.  The fumes make my eyes water.

Archived