SASS Wire Forum

My new addition

Rye Miles #13621

I'm jealous.

AR-15s and all their variants, newly banned in Canada along with a whole flock of others.

Be glad you have the NRA fighting for you.

That is very nice.

I remember back when California was free and I had an AR. Unfortunately there was a boating accident. It sank very quickly, people were screaming, fires were burning to the waterline, dolphins were worried, it was all very dramatic.

28 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

What is the rear sight on that?

It came on the rifle it’s a RRA adjustable sight. Most ARs come with no sights.

13486DE8-AA95-406B-AEE0-616F656E218A.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Good show!
I've heard the breed has an excellent reputation!

Made in the good Ol USA :FlagAm: 

very nice you can still get Ar in free America .. we cant have them in Ca unless we get flag handle . But we can buy M1A1s cause they dont have a pistol grip .... it is nice the gov knows nothing about guns 

12 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

very nice you can still get Ar in free America .. we cant have them in Ca unless we get flag handle . But we can buy M1A1s cause they dont have a pistol grip .... it is nice the gov knows nothing about guns 

I didn't even have to do a background check since I have a concealed carry license! Ohio!!! The wild wild midwest!!;)

13 hours ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

What is the rear sight on that?

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1735

Very Nice, I have the LAR-8 and thinking about getting the AR-15 from them also.

6 minutes ago, Smoken D said:

Very Nice, I have the LAR-8 and thinking about getting the AR-15 from them also.

Is that the .308?? How do you like it?

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Is that the .308?? How do you like it?

Yep, one heck of a rifle. Use it for deer hunting. First deer I got was 106 yard shot & got a 14 pointer.

Extremely accurate. Love it

15 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

The only thing they know is that guns are bad, and citizens don’t need them.

23 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I didn't even have to do a background check since I have a concealed carry license! Ohio!!! The wild wild midwest!!;)

Not long after I got my concealed handgun license (CHL) in Texas (it’s now good for open carry), I got pulled over because the Highway patrolman said I was 20 miles over the limit.  I was going the limit; so I thought, I’m in trouble with a bad cop.  Anyway, a driver is required to show a CHL with the DL.  The patrolman asked if I was carrying, and I said yes.  He didn’t bother to do a background check because that’s what required to get the handgun license.  He let me go pretty quickly; no ticket.

41 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Not long after I got my concealed handgun license (CHL) in Texas (it’s now good for open carry), I got pulled over because the Highway patrolman said I was 20 miles over the limit.  I was going the limit; so I thought, I’m in trouble with a bad cop.  Anyway, a driver is required to show a CHL with the DL.  The patrolman asked if I was carrying, and I said yes.  He didn’t bother to do a background check because that’s what required to get the handgun license.  He let me go pretty quickly; no ticket.

It's amazing to me that Texas just got Open Carry in the last few years! Ohio has had open carry since the founding. We got a CCL passed in 2004. Before that we had to prove that you had a need for self defense if you carried concealed and got caught. Open carry however was always legal. Weird.

Nice rifle Rye. :)

What is that long thing sticking out of the bottom of it? :lol: Just kidding...I know that a bed wetting inducer...no need to respond. 

I had decided to build a “target” grade AR but since I got my old Garand back I will wait on that. I am going to mount a scope of my current AR. I have been saving a Leupold 3 - 9 X 32 Compact scope for “the right rifle” but it has been in a box for a decade. Time to put it to use. It’s going on my Space Gun. 

35756897-A948-4CB1-A586-9293AF933887.thumb.jpeg.b7f8ff42bfe7308bf4c72a65f5c6b3f4.jpeg

On 6/26/2020 at 4:04 PM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm jealous.

AR-15s and all their variants, newly banned in Canada along with a whole flock of others.

Be glad you have the NRA fighting for you.

You didn't mention you don't have the equivalent of the 2A.

The last AR-15 I built had a politically themed Palmeto State Armory stripped lower.  I have another PSA stripped lower to build one more lower; so, that I have enough lowers to pair with all my uppers.  This lower is themed off of several of Sloe Joe's intemperate remark's at campaign events.  It is the "ANGRY JOE AR-14" lower.  The serial no. prefix is ANGRYJOE.  In place of mfg's logo is a stylize pony with a linked ammo necklace & dog's head wearing a helmet.   On the left side the selector positions are "WUD HE SAY?", "DOGFACED PONYSOLDER" & "FULLA SHIT" and on the right side "MEMORY LOSS", "DEMENTIA" & "LIBERAL".  "ANGRY JOE" & "AR-14" came from Dementia Joe's March factory tour of an under construction FCA plant in Detroit.  An IBEW member who doesn't agree with Joe on private ownership of firearms asked Joe a question re. modern sporting rifles that steamed Joe.  In his response he referred to AR-14's.  Joe even shushed a campaign aid who urged him to disengage the questioner & move along.  "DOGFACED PONYSOLDER" & "FULLA SHIT" are intemperate remarks he made to hostile questioners at campaign events.

4 hours ago, J.D. Daily said:

You didn't mention you don't have the equivalent of the 2A.

If only we did.

Canada doesn't even have property rights.

No joke.

7 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

If only we did.

Canada doesn't even have property rights.

No joke.

We got plenty of room for you here in the USA! C'mon!!

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

We got plenty of room for you here in the USA! C'mon!!

We are VERY tempted, but old age, non-transferable pension, poor health and family have us pretty well anchored.

But we are working diligently to vote the fools we have currently in power OUT!

We sometimes call him Mr. Dress-up. He was a part-time drama teacher before this gig, the son of a former Prime Minister, but he is coated with Teflon.

Numerous pictures exist of him in black-face acting like the idiot he is, but the MSM gives him a pass.

Why?

Because they were bought off; the Canadian Broadcasting System getting 1.6 Billion per year and the print press sharing 600 million of our tax dollars.

Here he is in all his glory.?

I hope those who voted for him are proud of what they brought to us.

But I'm not.

trudeau-blackface-credit-The-Sun.jpg

download.jpg

On 6/26/2020 at 7:33 PM, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Don't get complacent about that!

Here in Canada, in preparation for the original round of bans, some anti, who knew NOTHING about guns, went through a gun catalogue and decided that anything black or scary looking had to go. 

Archived