SASS Wire Forum

The migration begins...

Pat Riot

Finance business leaving Seattle and moving to Phoenix. Let’s hope they don’t bring “the cancer” with them. 

https://patch.com/arizona/phoenix/smead-capital-moving-headquarters-phoenix-seattle

I watched Charlotte become cancerous in 5 years because of BofA and Wachovia bringing their New York charm to the South. 

Pat, I don't know that we (real Charlotteans) can blame it entirely on the banks.  We sold real property to those people, which is what the South did wrong after the recent unpleasantness.

4 minutes ago, MizPete said:

Pat, I don't know that we (real Charlotteans) can blame it entirely on the banks.  We sold real property to those people, which is what the South did wrong after the recent unpleasantness.

That property obtained immediately after the conflict was mostly stolen through legal channels established by crooked politicians with an axe to grind and carpetbags to fill with their ill gotten gains!!  If ever reparations are seriously discussed, the families of those that were bilked out of their property and money should be among the first to be compensated!!

As to the current migrants, they have soiled their own nests and now they seek to bring their blight to our neighborhoods!!

Nashville was a cool, comfortable little city. About twenty-five years ago, it began the journey toward becoming a “Destination” city and the very things made it so attractive were some of the FIRST things that the new intruders insisted on changing!!

Well, as I read it, a bunch of Washingtonians are moving their business to AZ.  Neither state was involved in the Civil War.  The business is not connected to New York or the Carolinas.  And there are no "Yankees", either plain or damnable, involved.

As much as I resent certain social changes, I try to keep my eye on the facts, not the rumors or the made-up stories.  Frankly, the fellows headed for AZ are displaying damn good judgment, getting out of Seattle while the getting is good.  And I have no reason to point my finger and claim that they have "soiled their nest"; they may, in fact, be fine fellows.

Will there be some folks moving from liberal cities and carrying with themselves a penchant for the same intrusive, high tax government style that they created elsewhere, and are now running from? Sure.  But it's a free country, and they are entitled to live where they want.  It's up to us to resist unfavorable changes, if we can.  And show them the error of their ways.  Vote.

LL

1 minute ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, as I read it, a bunch of Washingtonians are moving their business to AZ.  Neither state was involved in the Civil War.  The business is not connected to New York or the Carolinas.  And there are no "Yankees", either plain or damnable, involved.

As much as I resent certain social changes, I try to keep my eye on the facts, not the rumors or the made-up stories.  Frankly, the fellows headed for AZ are displaying damn good judgment, getting out of Seattle while the getting is good.  And I have no reason to point my finger and claim that they have "soiled their nest"; they may, in fact, be fine fellows.

Will there be some folks moving from liberal cities and carrying with themselves a penchant for the same intrusive, high tax government style that they created elsewhere, and are now running from? Sure.  But it's a free country, and they are entitled to live where they want.  It's up to us to resist unfavorable changes, if we can.  And show them the error of their ways.  Vote.

LL

Yep, it's "free" country. Our Founding Fathers wouldn't think so...

9 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Nashville was a cool, comfortable little city. About twenty-five years ago, it began the journey toward becoming a “Destination” city and the very things made it so attractive were some of the FIRST things that the new intruders insisted on changing!!

In a free country, there is no such thing as "intruders".  There are, however, local folks who care more about making money than preserving their culture, and willingly sell large swaths of farm land to developers for strip malls, shopping centers, suburbs, car dealerships, and any number of other forms of spreading urban blight.  They are not "wrong", but they are making a choice, and their neighbors will have to live with the consequences.

LL

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The Founders would not recognize much about America today.  Times change.  The population grows.  Technology advances, and challenges our ability to deal with it.  The laws become more complex, in an attempt to deal with these changes.  I don't think the Founders would think that we have done justice to their creation.  But unless we have a way to dump 90% of our population, return to an agrarian economy, and still protect our people and our land from real outsiders, we have to find a way to function in our present society.

LL

6 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, as I read it, a bunch of Washingtonians are moving their business to AZ.  Neither state was involved in the Civil War. 

Two points I beg to differ on Loophole. First, Arizona at the time was a Territory not a state and second, the Arizona Territory was involved in the Civil War as a Confederate Territory with the Battle of Picacho Peak.

7 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I damn sure don't.  I think of all the "freedoms" that we have lost over my 78 years and I could just cry.

It started to get really bad in the 60s when the students and / or hippies  and their liberal political supporters began to take over and we did nothing to stop it.  Now LaPierre of the NRA has his picture and a statement that "it's time to fight on the cover of the latest American Rifleman.  Wayne, old buddy, you're about sixty years too late.

1 minute ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Two points I beg to differ on Loophole. First, Arizona at the time was a Territory not a state and second, the Arizona Territory was involved in the Civil War as a Confederate Territory with the Battle of Picacho Peak.

Gunfighter:

We do not disagree.  I was perhaps too vague.  The State of Arizona did not exist at the time of the War, and so could not have been a participant in the War (as a State).  I was trying to point out that the drift of some of the prior posts seemed to have been that those nasty Yankees and carpetbaggers were again swarming South.  I was trying to point out the movement of some stock traders from Washington State to Arizona has nothing whatsoever in common with the War or its aftermath.  Certainly, there was military action, involving both the Union and the Confederacy, in and through the Arizona/New Mexico area.

Sorry for the confusion.

LL

What we have in Seattle are Stalinists  or a facsimile thereof trying to fulfill a goal set by certain factions that have roots in Germany from  1932 - No, not Nazis. Communists.

Allowing them to persist and proceed erodes our freedoms and way of life. When you have a political party bent on placating and bowing to every moronic group with a cause it undermines what this country is all about. Freedom to prosper. The right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When one group takes from another without restriction and is allowed by those in power we have tyranny. All we have to do is nothing and one day soon we will not be a free nation.

History is repeating itself. The locale, the players and causes are somewhat different but the end result will be the same if allowed to go forward unchecked. 

3 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

In a free country, there is no such thing as "intruders".  There are, however, local folks who care more about making money than preserving their culture, and willingly sell large swaths of farm land to developers for strip malls, shopping centers, suburbs, car dealerships, and any number of other forms of spreading urban blight.  They are not "wrong", but they are making a choice, and their neighbors will have to live with the consequences.

LL

When they move in and immediately start telling everyone else “how we did it where I come from,” they are most certainly “intruders” and they also become a serious problem!!

Most of them around here, at first, bought existing domiciles.  They automatically began telling everyone else “how it should be” and started demanding urban style services and such, forcing others to push back.

A couple of years ago, one of them managed to get herself elected mayor and embarked on a campaign to build an urban style rail transportation system that is unnecessary and unwanted. It cost the taxpayers millions before it was finally defeated and discarded. That money was willfully and wantonly wasted and can NEVER be recovered! Money that would certainly have helped with relief for victims of the spring tornado and the Covid crisis!

The mayor was later put out of office for conduct unbecoming!

As I said, “INTRUDERS!!”

"Ya call someplace 'paradise', kiss it goodbye."

They were Californians.  They invaded the northwest to escape what thay had made of California.

They dominated the politics of Oregon and Washington and made them what they are today.

Now, they suffer the logical outcome of their soft leftist ideology.  No other outcome was possible.

They want to escape what they have made of the northwest by moving to Arizona.

They are a cancer and must be treated as such.

4 minutes ago, Joke 'um said:

"Ya call someplace 'paradise', kiss it goodbye."

They were Californians.  They invaded the northwest to escape what thay had made of California.

They dominated the politics of Oregon and Washington and made them what they are today.

Now, they suffer the logical outcome of their soft leftist ideology.  No other outcome was possible.

They want to escape what they have made of the northwest by moving to Arizona.

They are a cancer and must be treated as such.

Funny part is those that ruined California originated in New England, mostly New York. It’s a shame, the birthplace of the America of 1776 wrought such people. 

It is definitely much more convoluted than that but in a nutshell that is why California is what it is. 

On 6/26/2020 at 12:36 PM, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Well, as I read it, a bunch of Washingtonians are moving their business to AZ.  Neither state was involved in the Civil War. 

Well, that’s not entirely accurate. Most easterners things the war was pretty much in Virginia and the Carolinas. Pretty much, yeah.

But feelings ran deep in the country. AZ sided with the Confederacy, NM with the Union. The westernmost battle of the war was in Arizona. 

And there are in fact Yankees. They have a lot of World Series wins unfortunately. ;)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Battles_of_the_American_Civil_War_in_Arizona

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Pat:

Neither New Englanders nor New Yorkers would be thrilled with your idea that New Yorkers are New Englanders......

LL

Sorry. You are correct. New York is not New England. I should have said New England AND New York. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Funny part is those that ruined California originated in New England, mostly New York. It’s a shame, the birthplace of the America of 1776 wrought such people. 

It is definitely much more convoluted than that but in a nutshell that is why California is what it is. 

Pat:

Blaming New York or New England is a convenient excuse, but a misstatement of fact.

Take a look here:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/08/13/upshot/where-people-in-each-state-were-born.html#California

Immigration into CA from the entire Northeast is at about 3% of the CA population, and has not exceeded 5% since about 1910.  The overwhelming majority of transplants into CA come from outside the US (presently about 28% of the population).  I respectfully suggest that any cultural or economic changes in CA are more likely the result of factors other than the arrival of a few folks from the Northeast.

LL

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Sorry. You are correct. New York is not New England. I should have said New England AND New York. 

Cornwallis lumped them all together. And see where that got him. :D

Loophole, your muddying the water with facts here.  Not sure that's playing fair.  Just curious, where do the Harvard Ghostriders shoot?

1 minute ago, Wyoma said:

Loophole, your muddying the water with facts here.  Not sure that's playing fair.  Just curious, where do the Harvard Ghostriders shoot?

Harvard Sportsman's Club, which lies in Harvard, Littleton and Boxborough, MA.  

Thought I was going to say Harvard University, huh? ;)

LL

No.  I'm pretty sure if you pulled out a six shooter at Harvard hundreds of folk would wet their pants.  Got an old school friend who lives in Harvard.

Not sure you can make an accurate comparison between California folk moving to the NW and bringing their values with them with the Seattle businessmen who want to relocate their firms to AZ or elsewhere.  Clearly these are not the same people involved with CHOP or the idiot politicians who let that farce happen.  I suspect if a CHOP movement began to develop in AZ those businessmen would be the first to oppose it given their prior, disastrous experience with that nonsense. 

Seamus

38 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Not sure you can make an accurate comparison between California folk moving to the NW and bringing their values with them with the Seattle businessmen who want to relocate their firms to AZ or elsewhere.  Clearly these are not the same people involved with CHOP or the idiot politicians who let that farce happen.  I suspect if a CHOP movement began to develop in AZ those businessmen would be the first to oppose it given their prior, disastrous experience with that nonsense. 

Seamus

They bring their workforce with them.

18 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Thought this was going to be about all those people moving to Canada because Trump won.

Don't we wish? I seem to remember Whoopie Goldberg and Sean Penn and a whole bunch of others promised to leave!:angry:

Shall we talk about what happened to Denver after Henry John Deutschendorf changed his name and moved there? :D
A sad tale indeed.

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Shall we talk about what happened to Denver after Henry John Deutschendorf changed his name and moved there? :D
A sad tale indeed.

Rather not!  Too depressing!!

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A sad tale indeed.

Colorado Rocky Mountain High!

Archived