SASS Wire Forum

Set em up, Bottles!!

Utah Bob #35998

Ahh yes. A marathon road trip during the pandemic apocalypse. 
But at the end is Dolores County with a total of Zero Covid cases.:wub:

15 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Bob,

It seems kinda strange that Farmington has a cancer center and apparently Cortez does not. Is this really true?

Best wishes and hope no hiccups on the trip.

PF

Yes. Farmington is more than twice the size of Cortez. Durango is also short of oncology facilities. Nearest one in Colorado is Grand Junction, farther than Farmington.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:02 PM, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Bob,

It seems kinda strange that Farmington has a cancer center and apparently Cortez does not. Is this really true?

PF

Yes. Farmington is more than twice the size of Cortez. Durango is also short of oncology facilities. Nearest one in Colorado is Grand Junction, farther than Farmington.

Granted I haven't lived in Cortez since 1961, but seems to me that at that time Cortez was larger than Farmington. Concur with distance to GJ vice Farmington. If I recall Farmington is no more than a couple of hours whereas GJ takes most of the day.
Anyway, good to hear you can sleep in your own bed and conduct business closer to home.

PF

14 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:
On 6/26/2020 at 4:02 PM, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

Bob,

PF

Granted I haven't lived in Cortez since 1961, but seems to me that at that time Cortez was larger than Farmington. Concur with distance to GJ vice Farmington. If I recall Farmington is no more than a couple of hours whereas GJ takes most of the day.
Anyway, good to hear you can sleep in your own bed and conduct business closer to home.

PF

Cortez population - 8,000
Durango - 19,000

Farmington - 44,700

You would not recognize Farmington today.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Bob, have you called ahead and made your motel reservations?

Yes. Even got a free night at one place. Checked with the motels to see what their Covid restrictions. Should be no problem. 
The way Texas is looking, I’ll keep the pedal to the metal and windows rolled up when going through the Panhandle. :blink:

Made it to the Days Inn near Holliday, TN this afternoon. Kind of a middle of nowhere location. Motel is pretty much empty. Had to register at the night window because the lobby is closed. Stopped a few times on the way on I40. Only saw two folks besides us with masks on.

4 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Made it to the Days Inn near Holliday, TN this afternoon. Kind of a middle of nowhere location. Motel is pretty much empty. Had to register at the night window because the lobby is closed. Stopped a few times on the way on I40. Only saw two folks besides us with masks on.

You staying on 40 all the way to ABQ?  How's the traffic?  Have a safe trip.

Great news for you both ! Wagons Ho! Safe travels. 

Remember, not everyone with a MASK IS TRYING TO HOLD UP THE STAGE. :lol:

Bob, when you pass by Shawnee, Oklahoma, on I-40, you'll be passing the town of my nativity. 

Watch out for all those crazy Baptists there.  Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) is located in Shawnee.  My dad was a student at OBU when I was born.

Also Shawnee is the county seat of Pottowattamie County and in Shawnee is the Pottowattamie Tribal Headquarters.  Tonto, the Lone Ranger's buddy, was a Pottowattamie. 

"Tonto.  Isn't that the real Utah Bob of the Lazy Bob Ranch and is bride on Trail-40 there yonder?"

The Lone Ranger: 10 things you never knew - Telegraph

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

You staying on 40 all the way to ABQ?  How's the traffic?  Have a safe trip.

Traffic is pretty light until you get near a major town. Memphis will probably be bad tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Bob, when you pass by Shawnee, Oklahoma, on I-40, you'll be passing the town of my nativity. 

Watch out for all those crazy Baptists there.  Oklahoma Baptist University (OBU) is located in Shawnee.  My dad was a student at OBU when I was born.

Also Shawnee is the county seat of Pottowattamie County and in Shawnee is the Pottowattamie Tribal Headquarters.  Tonto, the Lone Ranger's buddy, was a Pottowattamie. 

"Tonto.  Isn't that the real Utah Bob of the Lazy Bob Ranch and is bride on Trail-40 there yonder?"

The Lone Ranger: 10 things you never knew - Telegraph

We’ll be saying in Shawnee tomorrow night. Are there any statues of you there, or have they been vandalized? :D

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We’ll be saying in Shawnee tomorrow night. Are there any statues of you there, or have they been vandalized? :D

No, Bob. But they named an outhouse after me. Some local vandals pushed it over. Caused a hellava stink. 

Archived