SASS Wire Forum

SPF--WTS H&R 1873 officers trapdoor replica 45-70

GUN IS SOLD PENDING FUNDS TO OLD HORSETRADER

i have for sale an H&R 1873 Springfield officers model replica in45-70 made back between 1975-1981 ser# is 722x is like new, can't find any showing of being fired. beautiful case colors and sharp engraving. my camera will not do justice to this rifle. asking $1500.00 or best offer shipped.  have only seen a couple of these in my life in the shape this one is in.

HB) H&R 1873 trapdoor officers model ser#7229  45-70---.jpg

The last I checked an H&R 1871 was their designation for their Handi-rifles.  This is a Trapdoor Springfield replica. Might get more interested hits if you re-named it in the header.

22 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

The last I checked an H&R 1871 was their designation for their Handi-rifles.  This is a Trapdoor Springfield replica. Might get more interested hits if you re-named it in the header.

done, hit the wrong button, thanks pardner

This rifle is a Commemorative Reproduction of the 1873 Officers model Carbine and is true to the original, (IIRC, H&R only made a couple of thousand of them - limited production run in the late 70s).  The Officer's model is a rare piece and if you have the funds buy it, I already have one and Cylenderella won't let me get a duplicate.  FWIW - they are very accurate and well made. So bump it to the top.

I used one of these to kill my first deer about 20 years ago. I still have it. Can't swing the price of this one to go beside it, but if it's anything like mine it will make someone a great rifle.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked this rifle up today and it absolutely beautiful and Mr. Wade went out of his way to make sure it arrived safely.

Just wanted to say thank you again,

Old horsetrader

Archived