SASS Wire Forum

Mousetrap

Subdeacon Joe

Just now, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Kind of overkill unless it's just loaded with caps.  Effective but noisy.

There's no such thing as overkill with a mouse or rat! They're disgusting vermin!!:angry:

A park ranger friend made a very similar device once to dispatch raccoons. He used a 22 rifle with CB caps A hotdog on a stick was the bait. :D

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Found on Facebook

Image may contain: text

GIT YOUR HANDS UP, AND GIT AWAY FROM THE CHEESE.......

•        DAMMMIT!!   :angry:

Jack realized the tables had turned when the mouse enlisted a squirrel for assistance. That darned squirrel shot him in the bum with his own gun! :D

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Yep, that was done up by my great granddad. James Williams back in 1882. He worked on it for 2 or 3 years. Widder helped him every day after school let out. 

Widder Methuselah....... yep, thats me.

..........Widder

I just noticed, the trap looks like it is set up outside, and the rat is coming out of its burrow, directly into the trap.  I don’t know.  If so, I guess the rat would be blown back into its hole.  “No cleanup.”

CB

You may not believe this, but this honestly looks like something TN Williams would set up in his shed..... or has

already set up in his shed.

I know of a demolition/bomb expert that had a problem with a woodpecker on the side of his house.

He somehow set up a 'blasting cap' device and yep..... no more house pecking woodpecker.

..........Widder

I use a live trap. Once caught use the BB gun. Only have to clean up the blood and toss the rascal over the back wall for someone's lunch. Field mice out in the country are the size of city rats.

Archived