SASS Wire Forum

2300 Year Old Boots

Subdeacon Joe

Proof that women have loved fancy shoes for over 2300 years.

I wonder if she told her husband she got them on sale? :rolleyes:

On a more serious note, I often wonder if these educated individuals ever consider that they are desecrating graves...

I have to say, that is simply an AMAZING artifact.  They genuinely were not that much different than we are now.

Cat Brules

10 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I don’t think it was a woman’s boot. They only found one boot, not 50 pairs.

I actually choked on my Clif bar laughing at your comment. :lol:

15 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

496575f4aa2493fe7c02465df7a859a9.jpg.0db75fda9343cb4188ddcf7e27e5c154.jpg

Thats cool as the human footprint stepped on by a dinosaur footprint fossil.

So, I am a bit confused by the above artifact.  Weren't dinosaurs extinct, long before man was around?  :unsure:

dinosaur timeline - Google Search | Dinosaur era, Dinosaur, Extinction

Howdy,

The more I look at it the more I think the human print is on top of the dino.

Im sure some shoreline areas cycled.

Those prints could have been made many years apart.

Just a first reaction to think they were made the same day.

Best

CR

36 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

So, I am a bit confused by the above artifact.  Weren't dinosaurs extinct, long before man was around?  :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

The more I look at it the more I think the human print is on top of the dino.

Im sure some shoreline areas cycled.

Those prints could have been made many years apart.

Just a first reaction to think they were made the same day.

Best

CR

Some geologists say the two prints had to have been made at roughly the same time period. Kind of like stepping in wet concrete, you'd make a footprint. But once it solidifies, you can't make another one.  Science says humans and dinosaurs did not "exactly" live at the same time. Science also says we evolved from monkeys, so maybe either could be up for debate. It is known birds evolved from dinosaurs. So technically I guess this could have been an avian/dinosaur print.:ph34r:

You got me. I just found it interesting. There are also footprints with shoes that have sewn soles that are supposedly millions of years old. 

There are "giant human" fossilized footprints millions of years old a couple feet long. Some people believe these belonged to the nephelim(offspring of the sons of God and the daughters of man) mentioned in Genesis.

Personally, I think science has their dating wrong. They need to calibrate their shot timers.

I have other interesting thoughts but they're probably better heard over a nanner split.

1 hour ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Ha! You never met my mother-in-law! :lol:

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

Some geologists say the two prints had to have been made at roughly the same time period. Kind of like stepping in wet concrete, you'd make a footprint. But once it solidifies, you can't make another one.  Science says humans and dinosaurs did not "exactly" live at the same time. Science also says we evolved from monkeys, so maybe either could be up for debate. It is known birds evolved from dinosaurs. So technically I guess this could have been an avian/dinosaur print.:ph34r:

You got me. I just found it interesting. There are also footprints with shoes that have sewn soles that are supposedly millions of years old. 

There are "giant human" fossilized footprints millions of years old a couple feet long. Some people believe these belonged to the nephelim(offspring of the sons of God and the daughters of man) mentioned in Genesis.

Personally, I think science has their dating wrong. They need to calibrate their shot timers.

I have other interesting thoughts but they're probably better heard over a nanner split.

First Giant Bird Found In Europe Lived Alongside Early Humans

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-bird-0012202

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

First Giant Bird Found In Europe Lived Alongside Early Humans

https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-history-archaeology/giant-bird-0012202

That was a good read, thanks! Am I making it up, or was there an American Indian legend about a giant bird? Seems like I remember hearing some account of a man and his son seeing some giant bird flying close to them while they were in a canoe. The story kind of reminded me of the Thylacine. People reported seeing them and nobody thought the stories were true. It went extinct in 1933. Pretty mean looking!4737C59000000578-0-image-a-17_1513003990342.jpg.9c9f9ea5af3e9a9b30b54d572c7ed0cf.jpg

Archived