SASS Wire Forum

WHERE can I buy . . .

Now that I know that a Ruger hammer for a stainless Bisley New Vaquero can be modified to fit a New Vaquero, I can't seem to find any such hammers to buy.  I sent an e-mail to Ruger and am awaiting their reply.  Anyone else have any suggestions?

Aravaipa Al

Asquared,

Bisley hammer part number is KBR04001B for stainless.  Try Brownells or call Ruger parts direct.  Should be able to get you a couple.  Many good SASS Ruger smiths will mill these down to fit your Vaquero pistola.

Hope this Helps

Regards

TR

Well, that was easy.  I had found, Turkey Flats, that Midway has the part, but they seemed to think their hammers were for a Vaquero, not a New Vaquero.  Although other threads I've seen on the wire suggest that that won't make a difference.

Anyway, Texas Red, I called Ruger today with your part number and now I have two such hammers ordered and on their way to me.

So, thank you to one and all, the SASS Wire (and all its benevolent participants) comes to the rescue again.

Archived