SASS Wire Forum

NASCAR: stupid again

We'll all have varying opinions on this, so I'll just start out with my aggravation of NASCARS supidity

AND Hypocrisy.

Its discovered that a 'noose' was hanging in the garage area of a particular driver.

NASCAR goes ballistic and makes a huge deal out of it before finding out the facts.

The HIPOCRACY is that they have established COVID guidelines for race fans AND pit crew members.

Sooooooo, what do they do to show even greater stupidity:   They ALL march together, side by side, and some hugging

on one of their members to show support.    Forget the COVID guidelines.....

Truth was discovered that the 'noose' hanging in a particular garage had been hanging there since LAST YEAR and

wasn't intended to mean anything to any particular person.

I honestly use to really like NASCAR.  But honestly, they have turned into a bunch of bubbleheads and nincompoops.  

I had my suspicions that it was mostly a publicity stunt from the start and most of those involved knew about it

from the git-go.

..........Widder

What’s your source that the noose was a year old?

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The news broadcast made special mention of the NASCAR and the noose event.

They stated that no-one had any previous knowledge of which garage the driver would be assigned

and thru the FBI (or whoever was investigating) it was discovered the noose that been there since 2019.

I was careful not to say it was a year old but rather hanging there since last year.   

..........Widder

9 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It was on our local news tonight. It was a rope for closing the overhead door.

Just now, Eyesa Horg said:

It was on our local news tonight. It was a rope for closing the overhead door.

Howdy Eyesa.

I had not heard that report but that is even more hilarious.

I did hear that the FBI will not be doing any further investigating and no one is expected to be charged with anything.

..........WIdder

1 minute ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Howdy Eyesa.

I had not heard that report but that is even more hilarious.

I did hear that the FBI will not be doing any further investigating and no one is expected to be charged with anything.

..........WIdder

From the way they showed it on the news, it appeared to be the rope you would pull to release the opener mechanism during a power failure. Made into a noose instead of the little red knob as usual. Why isn't the FBI going after all the vandals destroying "public property" as in the statues? You want them removed, then follow legal procedures. Somehow I think all this BS is going to cause more hate and discontent than to relieve it. JMHO

This appears to be being danced around, but was the driver black?

Because otherwise I don't see what the hell all the fuss is about.

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

This appears to be being danced around, but was the driver black?

Because otherwise I don't see what the hell all the fuss is about.

Yes, Bubba is the only full time black NASCAR driver.

20 minutes ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

YEP.   Do any of you think NASCAR would have made such a big deal out of it for another driver?

Bubba's probably made a fool of hisowndangself in front of his fellow drivers.

..........Widder

NASCAR has been shooting itself in the foot on a regular basis for many years now. I wonder if this might be the fatal shot that finally puts it out of its misery? I had doubts about the validity from the beginning, though I liked following Bubba and liked it when he did well. But then he started with the I'ma victim and America is racist mantra and I lost a lot of interest in him and in following NASCAR.

It smelled fake from the beginning. So this was either a ploy by Bubba "Juicey" Wallace and the Petty team for publicity. And/or a NASCAR ploy to boost NASCAR with the media and the social justice crowd as NASCAR tries to further distance itself from its southern roots. 

In any case, I'm pretty much done with all professional sports. It's more about politics and virtue signaling in a bid for corporate sponsors and advertising money ;and for the NBA to keep their China market open and money flowing in. It's big business and the actual sport and the fans are just secondary anymore. Evidently the sports moguls have decided that the money and the furture are with the left and progressives and traditional America and American values are soon to be part of the trash bin of history.

Fine with me, anyone or anything that won't support America and traditional American values of freedom and individual liberty and responsibility then I don't need. America was fine before professional sports and it will be fine without them. 

Poor little Bubba.

It’s okay for Darrell Wallace (NASCAR’s only Negro driver) be allowed by NASCAR to display a politically-agitating slogan (black lives matter) on his race car and to paint his car “politically black”, BOTH being offensive and repugnant to a HUGE number of NASCAR’s rapidly-declining fan base BUT, NASCAR has ALSO (at Darrell Wallace’s sole command) “outlawed” the Confederate Flag from being displayed on race cars, “NASCAR“ racetracks, televised races and commercials, etc. 

NOW, Darrell Wallace has decided that the overhead-door pull rope in his assigned garage at Talladega Speedway in Alabama is a “noose”.  Turns out that MOST or ALL the drivers’ garages at Talladega Speedway have virtually identical garage door pull ropes.

Let’s put it in perspective:

....... Darrell Wallace is a stinking racist, hateful character who believes that his limited status as (currently) NASCAR’s only Negro driver, gives him the horsepower to impose his will in such a manner that attempts to dominate at least one-half of NASCAR’s ever-declining fan base and at least half the NASCAR drivers.  Wallace thinks he can take over NASCAR and steer it away from four generations of fans, dating back to the sport’s inception.  That may happen, but not because of Darrell Wallace.  NASCAR is already in decline because of many bad decisions it has made in the last few years........ including caving in to Darrell Wallace’s demand to ban the Confederate Flag and to allow him to create his race car as a tool to promote his racist, America-hating political agenda.

Cat Brules

Don't be surprised if Bubba now complains about other drivers wearing a neck chain with a cross on it.

He'll probably find that offensive and NASCAR will ban those also.

..........Widder

Scared to think what will happen if he gets bumped by another driver!!!    GW

57 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Scared to think what will happen if he gets bumped by another driver!!!    GW

I'm fairly certain that would now be labeled a "hate crime"!

Vote with your wallet - use your voice - let NASCAR sponsors know how full of crap they really are.  Query them on why they treated the NASCAR noose like a Jessie Smollet cold cut sub...

Change brands - complain about brands - file a complaint about your dissatisfaction - cancel them.  NASCAR wants to enter the mainstream of SJW Cancel Culture over a garage door pull cord - so be it.  Let them enjoy the full fruits of their new found wokeness.  Cancel NASCAR. 

Contact a sponsor - tell them, "NASCAR offended me" - I saw chicken bones being thrown from the stands - that is offensive to vegans and we should demand that meat stop being served at NASCAR events.  CANCEL NASCAR

Leaded premium gas is destroying the environment.  Sunoco needs to step up and only supply unleaded eco-friendly gas to these events.   CANCEL NASCAR

I am offended that Anheuser-Busch and Dixie Vodka would sponsor an auto-racing venue.   Seriously - alcohol use and autoracing?  What is that doing to our children?  What is NASCAR teaching my kids with this kind of advertising?   CANCEL NASCAR

I hope the AutoZone folks (offical brakes of NASCAR) are only supplying asbestos free brake pads- Asbestos has been a component of brake pads and linings, clutch facings and various gaskets for many years - I hope NASCAR is prepared to defend themselves against possible mesothelioma lawsuits- race fans probably had no idea that there was a possibility of asbestos circulating in the air they breath during a race - but NASCAR would know - have they ever said anything about it?  CANCEL NASCAR

I sure hope "Peak" isnt using ethylene glycol in their antifreeze - that is a dangerous chemical and they need to stop if they are.  CANCEL NASCAR.

I hope Good Year is only using and supply tires made from recycled rubber.  Rubber is plugging up landfills and its bad for the environment.  CANCEL NASCAR.

Lets make sure Ingersol - Rand is only producing power tools that are Energy-Star compliant.  CANCEL NASCAR.

I could go on and on and on, but everyone gets the picture - play stupid game, win stupid prizes - here is a list of NASCARs official sponsors - tell them all how happy you are that NASCAR has decided that it is ok to take sponsor money for booze and cigarettes and environmentally harmful chemicals all in support of a sport that belches TONS of dangerous carbon pollution into our precious environment.  Oddly, they don't want to advertise legally owned and responsibly used firearms.  Its ok for NASCAR to publicize their BLM support - but its not news worthy to admit they hyped a lie to get publicity...

Official Partners of NASCAR

3m.png

axalta-340x200.png

BuschBeer-85x50.png

Chevy_CORP_4C_DKBG-1.png

DixieVodka_Circle2018_CMYK_Blue-50x50.pn

FDP_SponsorshipLogo.png

Ford.png

pitbosss.png

Sunoco.png

TN-Toyota_Horizontal.png

UTI_SponsorshipLogo.png

Visa_SponsorshipLogo.png

Well as Rahm Emmanuel, former dictator (mayor) of Chicago and formerly Obomanator's Chief of Staff once said, "never let a crisis go to waste".  Mr. Wallace is milking this pig.  I've lost all respect for him and the Petty organization respect is going fast.  NASCAR has taken the first step in a death spiral.  IMHO.

Wallace now says that he never did actually see the "noose," but had been told about it.

He also now acknowledges that it was not directed at him; however, it seems that he is still sensitive to the very existence of the "noose," and possibly believes he might be a target because of his role in Nascar outlawing all images of the "rebel flag." 

I reckon some folks are just downright sensitive and have tender feelings.  

Or, as my son would say, "are easily butt-hurt."

Wallace noted ... that both the FBI and NASCAR have been calling the door pull a noose.He said he hadn’t seen the noose himself but had seen photos of it.

"It wasn’t directed at me,” Wallace added, “but it was a noose.”

Wallace [said that] he found out about the noose’s presence in his garage Sunday, when NASCAR President Steve Phelps told him about it.  “The look that he had on his face alerted me in a way that I’ll never forget," he said.  Wallace said he was frustrated because the incident has some questioning his character.  “It doesn’t matter if we provide evidence, photos,” the NASCAR driver said. “It will always be photoshopped. I will always have haters.”

Also:

A twisted piece of twine that looks like a noose was found hanging from a tree at Sonoma Raceway in California on Saturday, track officials have revealed.

Sonoma Raceway President Steve Page said the item was found behind a former administrative office on the property and that the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the incident. Authorities have asked on-site business to share security video and for anyone who has an alternative explanation for the object to come forward.    Link

Butthurt | Yoda quotes, Star wars humor, Funny memes

18 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Personally, I can't believe the FBI got to the bottom of it in less than a week.  That's got to be a new world record for that bunch.

There wasn't much to 'get to the bottom'.   It apparently was quickly discovered, along with photo's that the so called 'noose'

was a piece of rope that had been hanging on that door since ATLEAST last October and that it served a purpose

in helping with raising/lowering the door.

My guess is that somebody was ready to take that rope and whoop a bunch of NASCAR officials for acting like the sky was

falling.    I ain't totally disappointed in Bubba cause its obvious he don't know any better.   Just because you can run a car

200 mph don't mean ya got any common sense.

BUT..... I am some what disappointed in Richard Petty who should have known better

Its just my opinion, but NASCAR did not display any kind of loyalty to any cause other than promoting the cause of Stupidity.

And ALL those other drivers and pit crew members jumped right on the band wagon.

If ONE of them is discovered with COVID during the next few days..... NASCAR could be out of business the rest of the year........

and WHO do you think they have to 'thank' for that?  Theyowndangself.

...........Widder

In my opinion, this was nothing more than a publicity stunt from a mediocre (at best) driver. The first thing I thought of was Jessie Smollett. Shameless self promotion to a governing body that is so desperate for publicity, that it bought the story hook, line and sinker without simple investigation. BTW, while 15 FBI agents were "investigating" this "hate crime".....how many more Federal, State, County and City monuments/memorials were defaced, vandalized or destroyed? Is that not a hate crime? How many people had their lives and livelihood  ruined by rioters and looters that the FBI has done NOTHING about. 

From the beginning of the media coverage of the race, until the end.......it was the Bubba Wallace/BLM tribute show. The show on pit road to start the race was self serving and an affront to anyone staying home, social distancing and  following guidelines. As if the prelude wasn't enough of a "how not to social distance" show, the end was equally as bad. Nothing like getting right into the winner's face with no mask on and then go run up the track and slap hands with fans......just to garner tv time and keep your face on the screen.

Yep, NASCAR has completely alienated it's once diehard fan base.......all over a 1/4" garage door pull down cord......and they aren't coming back.

20 hours ago, Dutch Wheeler said:

Bubba's Mother is black. His father is white, and the FBI found the same loop in all the garage doors.

NASCAR??????

Archived