SASS Wire Forum

Great debates in history

That's debatable...

19 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Well, XXX, sooner or later we’re going to get to Ginger v Mary Ann and we all know the answer is Raquel.

Incorrect, the answer is BOTH.

Back to topic:  I would have thought Chevy but I never had near the problems with my Taurus as I did with my last Chevy.  OK, there was that transmission thing, but still....

Fix or Repair Daily.

33 minutes ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Fix or Repair Daily.

Cheap shot, but OK.. First on Race Day. 

Can Hear Every Valve Rattle, Oil Leaks Every Time

Shaving or waxing.

6 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I will try my best to I introduce a new one each week. The week, the king of all American debates:

Ford vs Chevy

What sayest thou?

Has to be Ford since we’re discussing history.  All of modern manufacturing has been affected by Henry Ford.  Louis Chevrolet can claim his greatest achievement as pushing Ford with competition which helped to evolve the domestic automobile industry.  You may argue that Durant had more to do with that than Chevrolet did.  It only took Chevy 95 years to decide on their logo.

Having the right logo is very important for brand loyalty. :rolleyes:

I have owned Fords, Chevrolet’s, Dodges, Mazdas and one Fiat. The most reliable out of them all?...Mazda. BUT! Regarding trucks? My Chevy S10 ZR2 has been a pretty good truck. 

I say Chevy. 

I was born without a bum so my wife brought these home the other day thinking they’d solve the problem, they didn’t, to low cut. So the question is Rounderbum or flat bum?

1A7EE491-B9AC-41D7-AEC7-A33DDCEC10A4.jpeg

15 hours ago, DocWard said:

What? Dodge need not apply?

Dodge took a solid medium duty Diesel engine and built around it with home appliance parts to create a truck with a superior drivetrain that offered lackluster driver comfort and handling  experience, so yes, dodge need not apply

3 hours ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Wondering off topic is allowed.  Wandering, maybe not.

Thanks for catching that. I myself had two Toyota’s, never wondered about them again.

16 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I wrote W-T-F and it got replaced by XXX.

Yeah. WT you know what is too controversial for the Wire. 

WTPH?

Ford vs Chevy is not as easily approached as folk might think

Dodge is getting kicked to the curb in the context of my two cents since Fiat has owned Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Ram Trucks for quite some time now.

The FORD F-150 pickup truck is the quintessential American pickup truck. 

Tons of Rams and Silverados get assembled in Mexico

Ford trucks are awesome - Ford cars - not so much

Sure they have the GT-40 and the Mustang and the Thunderbird - but how many Gt-40s do you actually see that aren't in a magazine or a museum?

They don't have the Z28 they don't have the Corvette they don't have the Monte Carlo they don't have the Impala they don't have the SS Chevelle/Malibu

Then of course Chevy has a family full of cousins like the GTO, the 442, the Trans-Am and of course, the Cadillac. 

Ford has the Pinto which is better than the Vega (of course the Vega didnt come with a fuse and a detonator)

...but a V-8 Vega is waaay cooler than a V-8 Pinto.  

Ford tossed out the Maverick for a few years, but the Chevy Nova is waay better.

...just my 2 cents - I could be wrong

2 minutes ago, Chuck Steak said:

Ford vs Chevy is not as easily approached as folk might think

Dodge is getting kicked to the curb in the context of my two cents since Fiat has owned Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, and Ram Trucks for quite some time now.

The FORD F-150 pickup truck is the quintessential American pickup truck. 

Tons of Rams and Silverados get assembled in Mexico

Ford trucks are awesome - Ford cars - not so much

Sure they have the GT-40 and the Mustang and the Thunderbird - but how many Gt-40s do you actually see that aren't in a magazine or a museum?

They don't have the Z28 they don't have the Corvette they don't have the Monte Carlo they don't have the Impala they don't have the SS Chevelle/Malibu

Then of course Chevy has a family full of cousins like the GTO, the 442, the Trans-Am and of course, the Cadillac. 

Ford has the Pinto which is better than the Vega

...but a V-8 Vega is waaay cooler than a V-8 Pinto.  

Ford tossed out the Maverick for a few years, but the Chevy Nova is waay better.

...just my 2 cents - I could be wrong

I think Ford dropped all of their car product lines except the Mustang.

I drove Chevrolets from 1985 (a 1968 Impala) straight through to 2016 (a 2005 Suburban), with 4 other Chevrolets in between.

But I had a moral objection to them getting bailed out by the taxpayer.  So I'm a Ford man now.  Traded my '05 Suburban in for a 2017 Lincoln MKZ.  Wife drives a Nautilus.  

Archived