SASS Wire Forum

little .22 pistol?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

Any little .22 pistols about the size and shape of a ruger lcp or  kel tec .32????

Id like something well made not a throwaway.

Just big enough for medium size hands please.

Does ruger make the lcp in .22?

Thanks aheadotime.

Best

CR

Not sure if you’d be interested but I have met several people that own the cheap Jimenez Arms JA-22 pistols and they were very happy with them as long as they shot premium high velocity ammo. Think CCI Stinger or Velocitor. 

https://jimenezarmsinc.com/ja22lr/

My wife plinks with a Taurus tip up barrel pistol.  Quality ammo is the big key of any auto loader to work properly. 

We only shoot CCI ammo in all the .22's we own .

So saith the Rooster 

Yes Ruger does make their LCP in a 22 rimfire now, see LawMan Mark's link above.
Been threatening to get one.

58 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

The Taurus tip up .22 is a copy of the Beretta.  Don't remember the Beretta model but I have one.  Works great.

Beretta Bobcat. They still make them.

Are you stuck on .22 caliber, or are you considering others??

Cat Brules

Howdy Cat,

I never know how to answer questions like yours.

Yes I have heard that bullets come in several sizes.

I get bombarded with ruger emails and still until today

did NOT know the lcp was brought out in .22 rf on Dec 30 2019.

Best

CR

The reason I asked, is because to me, the reason to have a very small pistol is for ease of carry and ease of concealment.....both for self protection.  

So, I don’t believe  that .22LR is best for self protection.  AND, I know that very small, very good semi-auto pistols are available in larger calibers, such as my surprisingly small original Colt Mustang, caliber .380acp....a heavy hitter. 

I don’t know if this one is still being made, but look around....it’s practically invisible, and guns like it be equally concealable.  Let’s face it and not fool ourselves; none of these weapons are made for target shooting.  .22LR ain’t good enough to properly protect you.

Cat Brules

Howdy,

.22 bounces around, tears open arteries, Lots of things.

Maybe I just want something more packable than 1911.

I did just have all the springs replaced.

Best

CR

My wife's Browning 1911 is small and light, thinner than a Colt Mustang but longer.  I have never had a problem with any ammo that I feed it. I "borrow" it every time I go to the range because it is just a blast to shoot. I can't even see the sights but I almost never miss with it. The grand kids really like it too. 

Here’s the Colt Mustang .380acp.  (5 or 6?)-round magazine) Use the bullets in the picture to get a perspective of the size of the pistol.  There are many small semi-autos similar to this out there.  This Colt is very high quality (also comes blued).   ......Cat Brules 

image.jpeg.7c5e7f70887570f92c956646d21231a0.jpeg

13 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Not like we can get one here Pat... :(  Seems like it would be fun.   

True. Oh well...guess I will have to buy other guns that makes the snowflakes wet their beds. :D

I have a Ruger SR-22     Great little gun.   Thousands of rounds downrange and other than an occasional FTF from cheap 22's       GW

I’d go with that miniature Ruger, it sure is fun and easy to shoot.  Price is good also.  Another fun one is the S&W MP .22 Compact, but it is 3 times  larger than the lil Ruger.

Archived