SASS Wire Forum

shooters world BLACK substitute?

Steady Habit

In looking at their manual, it doesn't seem to have much info.  Only pertinent loads are listed for .357 158 grain, 44-40 200 grain and 45 Colt in either 200 or 250 projectiles.  It shows as a FFF granulation.  It appears a person looking for anything besides their listed loading would be "experimenting".   Doesn't even list velocities for their recommended loads.  

If the stuff is indeed APP under an alias for someone else, there need not be specific load data.  The load formula is quite simple.  Load the case to the base of the bullet.  No compression, No Air Space.  DONE.  Go Shoot.  Don't over think it.

The call for Black MZ went away.  Black MZ was APP under an alias.  Same Same.  Makes it's own lube (needs no lube) cleans up with nothing more than water although I usually use PAM.  Good Stuff.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:33 AM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

The call for Black MZ went away.  Black MZ was APP under an alias.  Same Same.  Makes it's own lube (needs no lube) cleans up with nothing more than water although I usually use PAM.  Good Stuff.

I'm surprised shooters weren't all over Black MZ at $10.00 a pound.  Maybe they thought it was too good to be true.  I've got a bunch of it.  

3 minutes ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

I'm surprised shooters weren't all over Black MZ at $10.00 a pound.  Maybe they thought it was too good to be true.  I've got a bunch of it.  

If you didn't live near a Sportsman's Warehouse Black MZ was not obtainable.

I have 14 more pounds of Black MZ left. Loved the stuff. The difference, or problem if you'd like with Black MZ compared to APP is it didn't come in any F factor. Each bottle contained F, FF, FFF, FFFF. Loading by weight and not volume makes for a really consistent round. The add says this new powder comes FFF.

15 hours ago, Nasty Newt # 7365 said:

Sportsman's Warehouse was about 90 miles away.  Always a good selection of reloading supplies, especially powder.

I've got a few pounds of Black MZ waiting for me to return home.

Here is the deal...we (my husband and I) introduced the owner of APP to the owner of ShootersWorld. ShootersWorld has very good and growing connections in the retail market - with Graf’s, Powder Valley, Brownells, Midway etc... and APP does not. Several wholesalers were asking SW for a BP sub... Therefore, SW is marketing APP 3F under the label Multi Black.  We will try to carry APP packaged 3F with the SW Multi Black Label - which is super cool... For those of you who shoot BP only a little...it will soon be available in Sportsman’s Warehouse, too. I am a distributor for both ShootersWorld and APP.... there is NO FUNNY BUSINESS... it’s just private labeling. It’s APP 3F and SW is also offering 50gr pellets for muzzleloaders. Hopefully, this means MORE FOLKS will start shooting BP SUB!!!

Questions? Call or email me. 843-833-0770 bulletsbyscarlett@gmail.com

Big SMOKY hugs!

Scarlett

On 6/21/2020 at 4:31 PM, John Boy said:

Start with the listed APP loading data  ...  http://www.americanpioneerpowder.com/loading.html

And when in doubt ... call APP

And, if you’re in doubt and want a quick answer...call me. APP can be hard to get on the phone.  843-833-0770. I load for myself and shoot it!  I love it!! Oh, yeah...full

disclosure... I sell it, too! :wub:

Big hugs!!

Scarlett

10 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Here is the deal...we (my husband and I) introduced the owner of APP to the owner of ShootersWorld. 

And who was it again who asked you to start carrying APP?  :)

You and Tommy are doing a great job bringing us good products.

6 hours ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

16 hours ago, Scarlett said:

Here is the deal...we (my husband and I) introduced the owner of APP to the owner of ShootersWorld. 

And who was it again who asked you to start carrying APP?  :)

YOU!! It was YOU!!! My BP buddy!!! Thank you so much for NEVER leading me astray... I can do THAT all on my own! 

Big hugs!!!

Scarlett

Archived