SASS Wire Forum

Are home haircuts looking better?

Dirty Dog Doug

My Girlfriends sister cut hair and it worried wives are getting better at cutting hair and wont be back when she reopens . We wonder how many small shops will go under being closed so long 

Who knows.

I’ve waited for my stylist, Monika to get back, anyway.  She was injured when dogs attacked her horse, the horse unseated her, and she broke her shoulder.  I never wanted my wife to try cutting my hair.

Cat Brules

I'm a senior with male pattern baldness.

Rather than comb-overs or trying to hide the fact, i went to short haircuts, about a # 1

Shortly after The Great Isolation began, I needed a haircut and bought a kit.

Now, I run the clippers with the # 1 guide clipped on and just keep running the clippers over my head until I get everything.

Looks almost as good as a pro job.

The only thing I have trouble with is the back neck hair, but I'm getting the hang of that.

FYI: Do you know what the difference is between a good haircut and a poor one?

About a day.

cool.png

Quite a few will never reopen, IMHO, of course. My barber that I’ve been going to for 30 years has a 3 week back log, I’m good til then.

I went in to get a haircut a few weeks after my barber reopened. (Under Phase 2 or something like that) I got right in and seated. Nobody else in the shop. I mentioned I'd waited a couple of weeks to let them catch up.  He said they haven't been that busy.  I ask are people still afraid to come out.  Maybe,  but many are cutting their own hair.

My wife has cut my hair for years, #2 on top and taper the back and sides.  I had her try it because the barbers were not able to do the taper any more, they were used to a "block" which is too long in the back.  I have a scar on the back of my head, one barber told me if he cut it any shorter the scar would show, I told him if the scar didn't show it was not a haircut yet.

So there will not be any shops looking for me to come back.  If I was to lose my personal hair cutter I would go to "self inflicted" hair cuts.

My hair was pretty ratty. The photos I posted before were after showering and combing. I got into my barber the day after she was able to open. I am going back in again Tuesday. She is late 3 months on her rent and the owner of her building wants to evict. I would love to find out who owns her building... she wouldn’t tell me. 

Evictions at this time are something I don't understand.

In fact, I think they're downright stupid.

I don't imagine too many landlords have a waiting list for the space in question, or that there are very many too many people anxious to open a new businesses, so why evict and have a site vacant for God knows how long??

IMHO, better to talk things out and arrange payments and recovery of rent over a period of time. 

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My hair was pretty ratty. The photos I posted before were after showering and combing. I got into my barber the day after she was able to open. I am going back in again Tuesday. She is late 3 months on her rent and the owner of her building wants to evict. I would love to find out who owns her building... she wouldn’t tell me. 

You can look it up, property tax records are public record.

Some people are cutting their own, some people are out of work or school and not getting it cut at all.  

My wife has trimmed my hair, particularly around the ears, twice.  Never did this before.  Our cockapoo's fur grows long and she gets too warm, so my wife cut the dog's fur shorter (not too short).  That gave her lots of practice before she worked on me! :P

2 hours ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

Don't know about you folks, but not only do I get longer by the day, I also get uglier.

But then again I never was Adonis. :D

BMC,

You may need to start worrying a wee bit. You're starting to look like a gnome.:D

I think the ones who can make it through to re-opening will do fine. Wives and girlfriends have enough to do without being our personal free hairstylists. ;)

I won’t go. But then I haven’t been to a barber since 76, so I’m not a factor.

It's getting wild looking, but not thinking about a cut until things calm down. I needed a cut before the shutdown, so it's been a while.

Archived