SASS Wire Forum

Worst fathers on tv.

Nope!! At least he comes home!!

Lucas McCain.  Mark needed a mother.

It's funny. I did a web search, thinking that the Marshal was referencing a website and forgot to post a link.

I found several sites talking about the worst fathers on TV. Most of the shows I had never seen.

Sopranos, breaking bad, lost, shameless. I think I saw two episodes of mad men.

The only fathers that I knew of on all of the lists were Homer, Peter and Al.

Peter Griffin I agree with. Pretty much a dork.

Homer - he didn't know how to relate to the girls, and if Bart Simpson was my son I would want to strangle him also.

If you came downstairs at 2 in the morning and found somebody making out with your 15 year old daughter, would you grab him by the scruff of the neck, bounce him off the walls a couple of times, and throw him out the door into the front yard? If you would not, would you wish that you could without going to jail? Don't seem like Al was such a bad father. Not a great husband, but he seemed to do his best for his children.

Dig deeper.

Cat Brules

1 minute ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

The shows were “Married With Children” and the animated “Family Guy”

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

Seriously?

Al Bundy is Married with Children.

Peter Griffin is the cartoon Family Guy.

Seriously.  I have never watched either show, other than an odd minute or two now and then.  Seeing the commercials for them made me think that they were best avoided.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Seriously.  I have never watched either show, other than an odd minute or two now and then.  Seeing the commercials for them made me think that they were best avoided.

..... a wonderful example of "truth in advertising" ......

2 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Archey Bunker

That was one that popped into my head right away, but then I thought, "He worked hard at his job to provide for his family, including his dead beat son-in-law.  He loved his wife and his daughter, and, in a way, "Meathead."  
Yes, he was boorish. Yes, he derided "Meathead" for his political views and his sense of superiority because of his college education, but he still allowed this grown man to live - free of charge - in his home.  Yes, he exhibited the prejudices of the age in which he was raised, not as malice, but just "the way things were" when he was growing up.

He was a WWII vet (USAAC motor pool) who served in Italy. He grew up very poor, was mentally and physically abused by his father - whom he loved and defended.  He knew the value of honest work, in his own way honored God, loved our republic.

All in all, not really a bad guy, other than failing to be able to drop his bigotry.

Archived