SASS Wire Forum

Is your club back to shooting?

Warden Callaway

Missouri has lifted its virus regulations state wide about a week ago. There may be local restrictions still in place.

We only canceled one match because of it. I'm seeing other clubs in Missouri are putting on matches.

Who's putting on matches and who's still shut down? 

Firelands, Tusco, OVV, Sandusky and Brown Twp. are all shooting! Pretty much all the Ohio clubs are shooting at least monthly shoots. Some have cancelled or modified their 3 day events but we're pretty much open!:)

Most clubs in the bay area to Sacramento in California have been shooting for awhile. some restrictions apply, preregistration applies. Tully

We had our first shoot back on the 14th.Still have a few things to work out on the Social Distancing.We'll get er done.

Shot a ASI match yesterday with no problems.

Most all the shooting is back on scheduleExcept Indoor.

Largo                                                                                                                                   

In N. Texas we've been shooting for several weeks now.

I've shot at CVV & LSFSC, TinHorns and Ft Parker.  Plus in Okla at the RRV Cowpokes.

So it's pretty much Back to Normal around here........

Central New Mexico clubs have been shooting (all at Founder's Ranch) since mid May.   We've actually seen ways to make 10 person posses run faster (but with more participation from all the crew) than we were running matches pre-quarantine!  

Just takes planning and cooperation instead of arguing!   Funny thing!

Good luck, GJ

Whiskey Row gunslingers have shot 2 matches in May and we are shooting once again.

Went to the first match at our local club last Saturday. Had to wear masks and keep the distancing due to County regs but it was manageable.

Yes, All four clubs within an hour drive of me have started back up.  I shot this Sat & Sun at two different clubs this past weekend.  Great to be back on the the range with my Pards!  All clubs are doing an excellent job in maintaining compliance with COVID-19 restrictions imposed by the state.

Southern Missouri Rangers hosted their annual Women's Wild West Shootout on Saturday, two posses of about 14 each with the men doing the posse chores.  Quite a few out of state shooters, including North Carolina, North Dakota, as well as representatives from closer neighboring states.  The men and women shot together on Sunday for a 7-stage tribute to the Magnificent Seven.  Picnic buffet lunch afterwards both days then awards.  No special anti-virus accommodations were required.  I got a couple of handshakes and a couple of hugs.  Folks seemed to be relaxed and enjoy the return to normal.  Cheers to Ozark Shark and Ozark Belle for directing a great two-day shoot!

We start back monthlies in July as long as we don't get another surge

Paradise Pass shot the first Saturday in June. Bandit match. Masks required from the load table to the unload table. Didn't mind it a bit.

21 hours ago, Circuit Rider Jeff said:

Looks like most of the PA clubs are back now including the Elstonville Hombres June 28th Yeehaw!!!

Plus, Logan's Ferry, but no handshakes or hugs.

Most all clubs in central Florida are back to normal, have been since May.

Mask or outlaw bandanna optional.

State match was rescheduled from March to November.

The Rocky Mountain Rangers, Noxon, Montana cancelled their May 2nd weekend matches but held the June ones and will shoot the July matches and continue for the rest of the season.   :D

They never really stopped around here. I've shot seventeen "local" matches so far this year - "local" being four clubs within two hours/110 miles or less.

El Posse Grande started our season on 5/24 which was actually supposed to be the final day of the Pennsylvania State Championship which we were able to postpone.  The club lies partially in a county with only 3 confirmed virus cases to date.  It's pretty rural there.  The matches have run well.  I actually prefer having only 2 shooters load at a time on our 8' tables.  Masks are optional since we are outdoors and hand sanitizer and wipes are available at every unloading table.  
We are now gearing up for our postponed state match. 

I just posted this on our Facebook page:  As September draws near, I have received some inquiries as to whether or not the PA State Match is a go. I can only answer with YES IT IS! We are in the green phase now, which is as close to total freedom as we can get for now. We are able to, and will, comply with all stipulations put in place while in this phase. The club is situated on 100 acres of ground and I estimate that our cowboy range encompasses at least 10 of those acres. We have all kinds of outdoor seating with the pavilion at the cowboy range and the patio and tables at the main clubhouse. We hope for it to be a weekend of great shooting, reunions with friends, delicious food, lots of laughter, and a welcomed escape from any mention of COVID, all spent in the beautiful endless mountains of Pennsylvania. Please join us.

1 hour ago, Black Hills Barb said:

El Posse Grande started our season on 5/24 which was actually supposed to be the final day of the Pennsylvania State Championship which we were able to postpone.  The club lies partially in a county with only 3 confirmed virus cases to date.  It's pretty rural there.  The matches have one well.  I actually prefer having only 2 shooters load at a time on our 8' tables.  Masks are optional since we are outdoors and hand sanitizer and wipes are available at every unloading table.  
We are not gearing up for our postponed state match. 

I just posted this on our Facebook page:  As September draws near, I have received some inquiries as to whether or not the PA State Match is a go. I can only answer with YES IT IS! We are in the green phase now, which is as close to total freedom as we can get for now. We are able to, and will, comply with all stipulations put in place while in this phase. The club is situated on 100 acres of ground and I estimate that our cowboy range encompasses at least 10 of those acres. We have all kinds of outdoor seating with the pavilion at the cowboy range and the patio and tables at the main clubhouse. We hope for it to be a weekend of great shooting, reunions with friends, delicious food, lots of laughter, and a welcomed escape from any mention of COVID, all spent in the beautiful endless mountains of Pennsylvania. Please join us.

There you go. Heck, that size print would go thru most masks.:D

20 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

Our starting line for last weeks match was, " You don't need a mask if you're not breathing ".

One of the best starting lines yet!

9FE95473-CBEF-4B2A-BB70-22563FBCAAF2.jpeg

Archived