SASS Wire Forum

Uberti Sass Pro

We cant get the "SASS Pro"  here but we get the shortstroke Uberti which looks identical but doesnt have SASS Pro written on the gun.

I have 3 and after some initial problems (fixed by the local importer) with one mine are a delight to use. 

I will buy a replacement when I eventually destroy one (unless something better comes along of course).

I have both the original and newer hammer safety versions and dont have any issues either way.

Oh, nice.

Does a short stroke take time to get used to? I know when I put spring kits in my shooters I had a learning curve to keep from popping rounds before I was on target.

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Oh, nice.

Does a short stroke take time to get used to? I know when I put spring kits in my shooters I had a learning curve to keep from popping rounds before I was on target.

IMO - yes.

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

Oh, nice.

I was new enough to the sport that I dont recall noticing the difference (may have more to do with the speed I shoot at:blush:).

The advantage I find with the short stroke is that the hammer being higher up I dont have to be so precise with my grip. If I grab too high I am not pulling the hammer back into my hand. 

I have two pair of short stroked Taylor's Runnin Irons.  I like them  and it does take a bit of getting used to them.  The one warning I would give is don't expect to be able to fine tune the mainspring.  Because of the shortened throw of the hammer, changing to a lighter mainspring will most likely give you ignition problems.

Archived