SASS Wire Forum

GREAT deal on VAQUERO® STAINLESS 357MAG TALO!

MuayThaiJJ

CDNN seems to wholesale out allot of stuff that isn’t moving for other distributors.Places like them and Buds are definitely hard on the little guy . Don’t know what the answer is there . Even larger gunshops don’t have the access to inventory some of the large on line retailers do . Amazon and EBay hammer the hell out of the little guy too . Everyone wants to save a buck , same reason we’re hosing ourselves making everything in China . I try to buy local and American made but sometimes cost is a factor. I’ve got all Italian made cowboy guns . Although I recently bought a STI Staccato, it’s made in Texas but has a Italian name , Is that a cowboy gun :) 

23 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

CDNN seems to wholesale out allot of stuff that isn’t moving for other distributors.Places like them and Buds are definitely hard on the little guy . Don’t know what the answer is there . Even larger gunshops don’t have the access to inventory some of the large on line retailers do . Amazon and EBay hammer the hell out of the little guy too . Everyone wants to save a buck , same reason we’re hosing ourselves making everything in China . I try to buy local and American made but sometimes cost is a factor. I’ve got all Italian made cowboy guns . Although I recently bought a STI Staccato, it’s made in Texas but has a Italian name , Is that a cowboy gun :) 

With CDNN, it's things like having a buddy that's the National Sales guy for commercial sales at Sig...throwing excess inventory their way for below wholesale.

The funny thing is that businesses such as theirs have small FFL's as a component of their distribution channel yet compete with that component...don't remember studying this scenario in college...

17 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

With CDNN, it's things like having a buddy that's the National Sales guy for commercial sales at Sig...throwing excess inventory their way for below wholesale.

The funny thing is that businesses such as theirs have small FFL's as a component of their distribution channel yet compete with that component...don't remember studying this scenario in college...

When Mfg’s want to move inventory they don’t consider the little guy very often . Unfortunately internet sales seems to be the way the gun industry is going . 

5 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

When Mfg’s want to move inventory they don’t consider the little guy very often . Unfortunately internet sales seems to be the way the gun industry is going . 

Actually in the case of Sig, the NSM for commercial sales would take inventory from the military/LE side of things when there was a minor design change that left "old" models on the shelves. Then dump these to his CDNN buddies.

But again, the biz model of the Online stores is dependent on the small FFL's staying in business. It's an unusual biz relationship...don't know how things will play out in the long run.

Phantom

11 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Actually in the case of Sig, the NSM for commercial sales would take inventory from the military/LE side of things when there was a minor design change that left "old" models on the shelves. Then dump these to his CDNN buddies.

But again, the biz model of the Online stores is dependent on the small FFL's staying in business. It's an unusual biz relationship...don't know how things will play out in the long run.

Phantom

Don’t know what the answer is . I know when I go to Davidson’s and use the gun genie prices different dealers will sell for can vari quite a bit . Don’t know how it is in other parts of the country but where I live there certainly is no shortage of FFL’s willing to do a transfer . So I’m guessing their not too worried about it 

21 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Don’t know what the answer is . I know when I go to Davidson’s and use the gun genie prices different dealers will sell for can vari quite a bit . Don’t know how it is in other parts of the country but where I live there certainly is no shortage of FFL’s willing to do a transfer . So I’m guessing their not too worried about it 

Yeah...I'm not smart enough to know what the answer is.

And you bet dealers will do transfers. They really have no choice if there is any competition within their local market. But trust me, transfers don't pay the bills.

Phantom

1 hour ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Yeah...I'm not smart enough to know what the answer is.

And you bet dealers will do transfers. They really have no choice if there is any competition within their local market. But trust me, transfers don't pay the bills.

Phantom

Never thought they would, you would have to be doing them constantly to make anything. The stand alone gunshop is hard anymore. Our local Ace Hardware has a gun counter and will gladly do them all day for $30 but he also sells allot of other things . Right now it’s been good for the little guy because he’s sold everything he has but on the flip side can’t get any more inventory. These times things change fast 

That Ace gun counter has also given up some of its space to sell doughnuts and coffee “high quality doughnuts” , it probably only makes them a few bucks but I’m guessing their hoping it increases foot traffic maybe sells a couple boxes of ammo some nuts and bolts and a shovel :) 

When I had an FFL, CDNN always had deals but if it was a real good one, it was hard to get as they would run out of stock quickly. The way you usually got something was to be a on a sale'rep list of his dealers and he would call you about one day early to offer you a deal before the ad's came out. Checked their website, these are gone.

gun.JPG

Like any “deal” you have to be Johnny on the spot . When I first saw them the website said they still had 5 in stock . If it’s what your looking for it was a good deal for someone. But obviously they had been sitting around somewhere for a while for them to discount them that much . Also noticed they had the new Ruger 5.7 pistol in stock which I thought was odd seeing it’s so new and with the big run on gun sales right now . But their probably gone also by now 

Archived