SASS Wire Forum

Another Friday night in purgatory. UPDATE

Utah Bob #35998

Drinking on the porch. :(

UPDATE for y’all who asked:

Carol is doing great! The oncologist said the tumor has shrunk by 50%. He said, “You’ve had no negative side effects, blood work numbers continue to improve, some being near normal. Looks like you hit a home run!” :D

She has another treatment on Tuesday. Hopefully we’ll be able to set up an appointment with the cancer center in Farmington NM for follow up treatments, which will last a year or two, and start back home before the 4th.

Looking forward to being back at the ranch. Not looking forward to the trip though. Not all the hotels are fully open yet and eating out is problematic. We’ll probably take a supply of microwave meals with us.
We do have some N95 masks that Capt. Callahan sent. He’s a saint!

Stupid pandemic couldn’t have hit at a worse time.

E5941518-8FC2-4750-BBA5-AB293178323C.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Love the longhorn! Have one for me and I'll have a vodka and cranberry for you. Slainte!

JHC

My sister found the longhorn holders at a thrift store and I got the glasses at a yard sale. Win Win :D

Well the night’s not a total loss. The Fifth Element is coming on the SyFy channel! :)

12 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

1.  Bob, can you tell us how your wife is doing? 

2. Do you have an estimated time when you both can go home?

What Tweety said!! Hope y’all can head home soon!!

And I’ll trade you my current location for that spot on the porch!!

On second thought,  I wouldn’t wish my current location on ANYONE!!

Yr spot on the porch doesn't look all that bad.  You're over there on the rich side of town.  Would like to know that Carol's doing well.

Looks relaxing.  Seeing your beautiful tile counter, though, reminds me that we need to get estimates to replace the tile top to our outdoor grill.  Not relaxing.  :)

2 hours ago, Calamity Kris said:

Please do tell us how Carol is doing.  Hope you can head home soon.

Updated the OP. :D

If you swing through northern Indiana on the way home my bride and I will give you a place to bunk and home cooked meals. It's a camper but comfy.

1 hour ago, Deacon Henry, SASS #53503L said:

Good to hear!!! BTW What's in the glass besides ice?

Tequila and a few drops of lime juice.

3 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

If you swing through northern Indiana on the way home my bride and I will give you a place to bunk and home cooked meals. It's a camper but comfy.

Thanks Pard, but we’ll be going throughTN, AR, OK, TX and NM sticking to I-40. Fastest route.

I'm happy to hear the news, and I am hoping you're both home sooner rather than later.

I must admit, I was expecting to hear more about the young crowd partying around the place on a Friday night.

Not sure how you're fixed for finding hotels, but I do recall staying at KOA campgrounds that had cabins,

so all you needed was some blankets for comfort.  Also they have grills, so you can grill steaks for your

beautiful bride!  Then sit on the swing and enjoy the sunsets!

Travel safe, and best wishes for good health to you both.

Shadow Catcher

By golly now your most recent update brings a broad and toothy smile to my grandfatherly visage!

Many's the time I told patients I was transporting -- I spent my last years as a medic on the non emergency transfer ambulance while I was going through nursing school -- I'd tell patients I dearly loved taking them home where they belonged.

The company was better and so was the cookin' and the beds were far more comfortable!

Safe trip and thank you for that most encouraging report!

Archived