SASS Wire Forum

Double Alpha Primer Sorter

Max Payne

I was griping weekend before last about filling the primer tube on my 3 Dillons & lamenting that I've heard too much negative feedback on the Dillon Primer sorter to make me buy one. I've been using the Frankford Arms Vibra-Prime for a few years now, & it kinda works when it's in the mood if it's having a good day. Better than the pickup tubes anyway.

Kid Ray told me he got a Double Alpha Primer Sorter, & said it works great!

Got one, & he's right! $200 & makes one of the least fun parts of reloading almost fun! Of course, I had to fiddle with it a little at first, but that's the requisite right of passage with new goodies. You can't just buy a thing & have it work perfectly out of the box. Fortunately, it didn't take much for it to run perfectly.

I like it. You're welcome.

7 minutes ago, Boulder Canyon Bob# 32052L said:

Still small primers only, right?

Yes, small primers only.  I got one about 3 weeks ago and it will fill a tube in less than 2 minutes, I love it.

1 hour ago, Max Payne said:

I was griping weekend before last about filling the primer tube on my 3 Dillons ......yadda yadda some other stuff.

You've got 3 Dillon presses.......you are not allowed to gripe!  ;)

Kajun

2 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

You've got 3 Dillon presses.......you are not allowed to gripe!  ;)

Kajun

Maybe just a little?

I can fill a Dillon primer tube by hand in a bit over a minute, so why pay 200 bucks for this or any other primer feeder? Just never got it.

I’m kinda fond of the Palvik primer tube filler I bought here on the Classifieds a couple of weeks ago.

My solution was to purchase enough primer tubes to load twelve hundred primers at a time. I can load them while watching something worthwhile on television. Oh, wait. Other than an old western, that doesn't exist! 

Laramie

On 6/19/2020 at 9:26 PM, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I can fill a Dillon primer tube by hand in a bit over a minute, so why pay 200 bucks for this or any other primer feeder? Just never got it.

I guess that's what makes people so interesting. We're all different! Right?

Archived