SASS Wire Forum

What don't you like ?

Isom Dart, SASS#8096

17 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

No where has anyone...including the OP...talked about individual people...so there ya go "Pard".

Those of us that have mentioned "people" did so in a very generic way with a sprinkling of humor. Just an FYI, the definition of humor can be found easily on Google.

;)

Be careful going there....You might find out humor is not liked by google....Might shut you down.....

Texas Lizard

1 hour ago, Colonel Kraken said:

I'm also not real fond of screws that you can't get out of the gun

Oh, you're referring to the gorilla at Uberti? Totally dislike him too!!! (Still have a lever spring waiting to be replaced in one of my 73s....)

4 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

No where has anyone...including the OP...talked about individual people...so there ya go "Pard".

Those of us that have mentioned "people" did so in a very generic way with a sprinkling of humor. Just an FYI, the definition of humor can be found easily on Google.

;)

Do not respond to any of my topics or replies.
Nor will I, yours.

Cat Brules

7 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Do not respond to any of my topics or replies.
Nor will I, yours.

Cat Brules

I don't do well with senseless demands. But please feel free to "ignore" me... Which is a function of this forum.

Phantom

Total time.  Modified guns (short strokes only)... Being rushed on stages... Since I discovered "reloading", (not as Al Gore "invented" the internet, i.e. taking credit for the work of others, although I acknowledge those that "discovered" it before me... therefore, I didn't "invent it"...), I have found myself in the group of shooters that, "shoot in order to reload"!  

Ergo, I don't participate in the first two.  And I WON'T be rushed on a stage.  I rather enjoy aiming, putting my shots where others either can't, or lack the confidence to.  Yes, I could probably shoot 3 times faster'n I do... but that would just make me like everyone else... chasin' after the Cadillac.  And since I know there ain't any Cadillac... that makes the effort pointless.  (Oh, and the total time thing... I simply dislike giving anyone a head start!)  

Oh yeah, I'm laughing out loud, just imagining how those statements are going to illicit a reaction.  :ph34r:

What really burns my butt is a fire about 3 ft. high. The second thing is scores that aren't sent out for day or two  after the match.

Cheyenne Ranger, I feel yur pain. For a couple of years at my club, I was the stage writer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and I'd still screw one up every now and then. :o When asked , " didn't you write these ?" , I'd say no ,,, (fingers crossed) :huh:, I woke up and they on my gear !

Isom

2 hours ago, Major BS Walker Regulator said:

What really burns my butt is a fire about 3 ft. high. The second thing is scores that aren't sent out for day or two  after the match.

Nobody gets match results out faster than you do Major!  

48 minutes ago, Bingo Montana said:

Nobody gets match results out faster than you do Major!  

Not posting the scores the same day I consider an insult to all that attended the match. In the big scheme of things is it really that important, no. In our local cowboy world I do. It's like playing in a football game but having to leave mid way in the last quarter with an injury when the score is tied and then having to wait several days to find out who won. What's up with that.

I would hate to be a scorekeeper and have to stay up late entering scores to post the same day. Unless I could have my Tequila while doing so... But then your results -- well, everyone's results actually -- may vary.

Cheers!

22 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I would hate to be a scorekeeper and have to stay up late entering scores to post the same day. Unless I could have my Tequila while doing so... But then your results -- well, everyone's results actually -- may vary.

Cheers!

hope you're not talking about me.  I'm not your Tequila I'm spoken for by a very beautiful woman that I love.  ;) :P :lol:  :FlagAm:

10 minutes ago, Tequila Shooter said:

hope you're not talking about me.  I'm not your Tequila I'm spoken for by a very beautiful woman that I love.  ;) :P :lol:  :FlagAm:

Nope, not you. And I have a great lady too! So glad I found her.

And as to Tequila, no shooters for me. Cuervo Gold isn't too bad with OJ, but Don Julio Silver make for some fine sipping, especially with just a drop or two of fresh lime juice. That brings out the freshly-cracked pepper taste.

I too am a OJ and Cuervo fan. Our scores are done electronically. Takes about 30 seconds to get results and then 5 minutes to type out a congrads and thinks for attending the match on the computer and press send. Five and a half minutes and now ready for another Cuervo and OJ.

...the thought that I spend around 7-8 hours (set up, match, clean up) and $20 (match fee and gas to and from range,twice), to shoot for less than six minutes.
At a minimum thats 1 hour of work for every 40 seconds or so of rushed, frustrating shooting....
...or $200/hour of shooting
...It would be cheaper and less stressful to chase tail in Thailand

But , no, I'd rather wear a funny costume and b**ch at myself for 4 hours on match day

19 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Those dang Gremlins that pop up from time to time to cause mischief. Had one today apparently take a leak on a box of my bullets so they wouldn't fire. Had one knock a shotgun out of my hand a couple weeks ago. 

Totally unrelated random question:

Was Purly anywhere around your cart prior to the bullet problem?

Archived