SASS Wire Forum

What don't you like ?

Isom Dart, SASS#8096

Out of the entire shooting spectrum, gun tinkering, reloading, casting, etc. What don't you like. I dislike, don't like, hate ,,,,take your pick , casting. If someone makes it ,,,,, I'll buy it. I can zen on any other part of the shooting sport except casting. Just don't like it, I've tried it , but I just can't deal with it if I don't have to. What's yours ???

Isom

My main career was casting lead, 90-100 tons at a time, twice a day. Imagine a lead pot that holds 120 tons, and fluxes so large they're mixed and loaded with a skidsteer. You know those one pound, 4 cavity Lyman ingot molds? We made ingots exactly like that, only scaled up to 9-10 tons each. Still, I cast, but mainly specialty bullets I can't buy.

Loading shotshells kind of sucks, but not because of the reloading, it's because I just can't toss a hull that should have been thrown out two reloads ago. :lol:

Losing brass. My rifle throws them like a garden spreader. It's strange that we spend thousands on our guns but angst over a 20¢ brass or 5¢ hull.

I don't like to sit and fill primer tubes.

I don't like to clean 8 guns after a black powder match.

I probably could think of more.

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I'm beginning to like this guy. :lol:

Did you forget to take your meds today?   :lol::lol:

Just remember..... Phantom is Borg.  Resistance is Futile!

..........Widder

Been doing it for fifty years, but I still can't make myself like reloading. Lol. Cleaning guns leaves me a little cold too. 

Laramie. 

Cleaning brass & cleaning guns. Also, I REALLY don't like loading BP for the Missus.

I like loading 38's on the 1050, Mr. Bulletfeeder. & using the Double-Alpha primer sorter. It amazes me how fast I can spit out a truckload of bullets.

I don't like loading 32's on the 650 because I have to go slower in order not to rip the edge of the brass during the de-capping & sizing. There's probably an adjustment I can make to make that better, but it hasn't made the list yet.

I do like the heck out of shooting the guns!

2 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Did you forget to take your meds today?   :lol::lol:

Just remember..... Phantom is Borg.  Resistance is Futile!

..........Widder

Yes I took my meds today.

Twice. :D

The colors are wonderful. 

I have developed a distinct dislike for targets that refuse to allow my bullets to get centre hits on them (or any hits for that matter).

.... they seem to be at every range I go to ........

..................................... I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy going on ............ :unsure:

I hate a SG KD that doesn't go down even with both barrels.  I watched some friends do some casting, and I watched one of them get splattered when a piece of lead popped.  So no casting for me I'm already scarred up enough.

Dislike:  Porta Potties, no matter what the temperature is.

I love:  Porta Potties, when I get the urge.

Cleaning the guns. although it’s a lot easier since I went smokeless !

3 hours ago, Isom Dart, SASS#8096 said:

Out of the entire shooting spectrum, gun tinkering, reloading, casting, etc. What don't you like. I dislike, don't like, hate ,,,,take your pick , casting. If someone makes it ,,,,, I'll buy it. I can zen on any other part of the shooting sport except casting. Just don't like it, I've tried it , but I just can't deal with it if I don't have to. What's yours ???

Isom

Depends on what you mean by, “.... the entire shooting spectrum,”.

Casting.....I don’t like casting, either.  I’m just not interested in it, first of all.  Second (my opinion),, the ROI is negative, for the majority of CAShooters.  Also, time, storage, and space are problematic and, there are several negative safety issues related to casting, as well.

Regarding certain individual people......that aspect may be outside the scope of your  original topic question, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Cat Brules

Squibs, overly complicated stages, the lack of participation by folks who should be helping to keep the shoot moving and broken guns, either mine or the couple of good duelist friends that I compete against. If I beat them I want it to be because I was doing my best not because they had a bad load or gun. And to back up a hair, there is a difference between a complicated stage and an interesting stage. Interesting is good. 

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I have developed a distinct dislike for targets that refuse to allow my bullets to get centre hits on them (or any hits for that matter).

.... they seem to be at every range I go to ........

..................................... I'm beginning to think there's a conspiracy going on ............ :unsure:

You have an infestation of stealth bullets.  They seem to go straight through the steel.

6 hours ago, Hendo said:

I'm beginning to like this guy. :lol:

Fantum is even nicer in person:P.

3 hours ago, Rance - SASS # 54090 said:

No resemblance of a shooting order and you have 10 people

in line to shoot and 3 people and the RO working the stage..

Rance ;)

Thinkin hey.. :huh: you asked :mellow:

Evidence of a poor posse marshal!!

The beep of the timer. When that darn thing goes off it causes my guns to malfunction, my brain to lock up, my feet turn into lead and my shotgun shells are suddenly twice the size of the shotgun's chambers. I'm sure without the timer my stage times would be in the teens :P

I'm also not real fond of screws that you can't get out of the gun or ones that won't stay in.

4 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Depends on what you mean by, “.... the entire shooting spectrum,”.

Casting.....I don’t like casting, either.  I’m just not interested in it, first of all.  Second (my opinion),, the ROI is negative, for the majority of CAShooters.  Also, time, storage, and space are problematic and, there are several negative safety issues related to casting, as well.

Regarding certain individual people......that aspect may be outside the scope of your  original topic question, so I’ll just leave it at that.

Cat Brules

No where has anyone...including the OP...talked about individual people...so there ya go "Pard".

Those of us that have mentioned "people" did so in a very generic way with a sprinkling of humor. Just an FYI, the definition of humor can be found easily on Google.

;)

Archived