SASS Wire Forum

What’s just as good as coffee in the morning?

Utah Bob #35998

The corn syrup or sugar in soft drinks give me a stomach ache now in my “advanced years.”  I love strong, black, Unsweetened coffee in the morning.

it has many health benefits, too:

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/top-13-evidence-based-health-benefits-of-coffee

Diet Coke for me.

CB

I never answered the question on what is better than coffee in the morning.

Answer:  STRONG coffee

On 6/21/2020 at 12:55 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

My morning constitutional after my first cup leaves me feeling pretty dang good.....

True. And Sousa gets me motivated to maintain a steady pace for 3 miles or so. Although this southern humidity is making it difficult! ;)

Coffee is not the best Thing that can happen in the morning.

But it is sure the best drink!

:D

To wake me up in the morning, coffee holds a distant second place....

The quickest way to have me fully awake in the least amount if time was found one morning when the new puppy, who had been sleeping on the top of the headboard, decided to take a flying leap over me (whilst I was asleep) to get to my wife who was standing at the end of the bed.  Well, that cute little puppy's legs only propelled her far enough down the bed to where the..uh.. family jewels were sleeping.  :blink:  stood me straight up wide awake before I crumpled back down again.   That worked faster and more completely than any coffee I ever had, but I wouldn't recommend it.

As far as waking up, I think I’m one of those rare types who come fully awake for some reason. I don’t seem to need coffee or other stimulants to help. But I sure loves my coffee!

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

As far as waking up, I think I’m one of those rare types who come fully awake for some reason. I don’t seem to need coffee or other stimulants to help. But I sure loves my coffee!

Same here.  Usually about 2 hours before sunrise.  That is one of the reasons that I, when I was doing reenacting, got the job as cook (also I could cook a better meal for less than the person who had the job before me, and I gave them good food, not burgers and hot dogs for dinner).

The taste and feel of coffee has a civilizing effect.  

15 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Same here.  Usually about 2 hours before sunrise.  That is one of the reasons that I, when I was doing reenacting, got the job as cook (also I could cook a better meal for less than the person who had the job before me, and I gave them good food, not burgers and hot dogs for dinner).

The taste and feel of coffee has a civilizing effect.  

I used to whip up a fine breakfast of skillygalee and Yankee beans for my outfit. Sometimes I can still smell the pine smoke and hear the cavalry horses nickering softly as the sun rose over the frosty battlefield at Olustee Station.

Sgt Robt. De Groff
Coy. A, 48th NYSV Inf

”Perry’s Saints”

COFFEE = iNSTANT HUMAN.

Strong, stronger and strongest. :D

Diet Coke for the rest of the day. :P

Royal Marine tea at night. :lol:

Max, my yellow "Lion", Tom Cat, jumps on my head and/or jewels when HE thinks it's time to get up, go out and resume hunting. That's impossible to ignore.  :wub:

Coffee, yes. Loud music, well there's a reason I have a gun next to my bed. The only thing better than coffee would be a complete body massage and then coffee, unfortunately I never married a masseuse.

10 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I used to whip up a fine breakfast of skillygalee and Yankee beans for my outfit. Sometimes I can still smell the pine smoke and hear the cavalry horses nickering softly as the sun rose over the frosty battlefield at Olustee Station.

Sgt Robt. De Groff
Coy. A, 48th NYSV Inf

”Perry’s Saints”

Coffee, corn cakes, coffee,  sausage or bacon- usually sausage-, coffee, fried potatoes,  coffee, scrambled eggs.

I tried scrapple a couple of times.   Didn't go over well. 

Fst. Sgt. Jos. Lovell

Grandy's Battery,  Norfolk Light Artillery Blues, ANV.

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Coffee, corn cakes, coffee,  sausage or bacon- usually sausage-, coffee, fried potatoes,  coffee, scrambled eggs.

I tried scrapple a couple of times.   Didn't go over well. 

Fst. Sgt. Jos. Lovell

Grandy's Battery,  Norfolk Light Artillery Blues, ANV.

But it’s dang sure authentic. :lol:

On 6/22/2020 at 2:21 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Coffee is not the best Thing that can happen in the morning.

But it is sure the best drink!

:D

Had that same thought. :)

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

But it’s dang sure authentic. :lol:

The coffee, cold cornbread,  and fried salt pork wasn't a hit, either.  Even when I  split the cornbread and fried it in the rendered fat from the salt pork. :D

Archived