6 slices bacon, chopped

1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion

1/2 cup olive oil

1/4 cup white vinegar

1 teaspoon sugar

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/2 teaspoon paprika

Steps

1 Heat oven to 425°F. Spread cauliflower in single layer on nonstick cookie sheet; spray cauliflower with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss well. Roast 15 minutes. Stir; roast 5 to 10 minutes longer or until tender and golden brown.

2 Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Cook onion in bacon drippings, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove with slotted spoon to plate with bacon.

3 In large bowl, toss roasted cauliflower, bacon and onion. In small bowl, beat oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard and paprika with whisk until smooth. Pour dressing over cauliflower mixture; toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled or overnight.

• 2 weeks later...

Overnight in the fridge will be much better, and red onion instead of sweet is another swap I would consider.

And simpler to crumble bacon slices after cooking instead of chopping first,

But yeah, that sounds good!

Aussgezeichnet!

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

Overnight in the fridge will be much better, and red onion instead of sweet is another swap I would consider.

And simpler to crumble bacon slices after cooking instead of chopping first,

But yeah, that sounds good!

Works for me.  This is a good starting point with lots of room to play.  Shallots or leeks instead of onions.  Different types of mustard.  Cider or rice vinegar instead of white.  

I do almost always chop the bacon first.  I have the knife, I have the cutting board, takes maybe 20 seconds to chop the bacon.  When I cook and crumble there are always some sections that don't crumble, unless I've cooked it in the oven, so I end up having to do some chopping anyway. Whatever works best for you.

That sounds pretty good! That sounds pretty good!

CB

Archived