4 cups thinly sliced green and red cabbage
12 hamburger sized pretzel rolls
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup sweet spicy mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions
1.Dice bacon into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook over low heat until crispy; drain on paper towels and set aside. Sauté onion in skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Cook over medium low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle onion with 1 tablespoon of the flour. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and sugar; stirring until the sugar dissolves. Season as desired with salt and pepper. Add cabbage and stir until it slightly wilts, about 1 minute. Add reserved bacon. Remove from heat and set aside.
2.Preheat oven to 300°F. Cut pretzel rolls in half. Lightly brush rolls with a small amount of oil and place face-side down on a baking sheet. Lightly toast rolls in the oven for about 5-10 minutes; set aside. Place remaining oil in large nonstick skillet (enough to cover the bottom of the pan) and heat over medium heat. Slice each can of SPAM® with Bacon into 6 lengthwise slices (for a total of 12 slices). Place flour, eggs and panko crumbs into three separate pans. Dip each slice of SPAM® with Bacon into flour, following by egg and then into the panko crumbs. Sauté the SPAM® with Bacon slices until golden brown on both sides. Place SPAM® with Bacon in warm oven and hold until all slices have been browned.
3.For assembly, spread the bottom half of each toasted pretzel bun with mustard. Top with SPAM® with Bacon and the cabbage slaw. Top with roll tops and serve immediately. Makes 12 sandwiches.

Image may contain: food

Kimchi Fried Rice Musubi
Ingredients
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
1 (12-ounce) can SPAM® Classic cut into 8 slices
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup chopped kimchi
1 tablespoon gochujang paste
3 cups cooked sushi rice
3/4 cup chopped green onions
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups cucumber slices
4 sheets nori, cut in half
Directions
1.In small bowl, combine soy sauce and sugar.
2.In large skillet over medium-high heat, cook SPAM® Classic slices 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Add soy sauce sugar mixture, cook 1 to 2 minutes or until slices are glazed. Remove from skillet and wipe skillet clean.
3.In same large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add kimchi, and gochujang paste, stir fry 1 to 2 minutes or until combined. Add rice, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and green onions, stir fry, 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Remove from heat.
4.Place 1/3 cup rice into musubi press or plastic lined SPAM® can on top of halved nori sheet and press down. Remove press. Place cucumber slices on rice and top with SPAM® Classic slice. Wrap nori around each. Moisten one end slightly to fasten together

Image may contain: food

My uncle worked for Hormel. I received a Spam can bank for Christmas one year. No, I got other stuff, too

Good one UB. Right up there with the Lumberjack skit.

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Druther starve than eat Spam.  My wife loved the stuff, but she seldom ate it when I was present.

Same here. Especially fried.

My family was nuts about 3 things that turn my stomach, fried SPAM, fried bologna and liver and onions. Fried SPAM and bologna literally gave my migraines. The doctor said it was the nitrates...I say it was due to poor taste...both the sensation and the descriptor. :lol:

Got me three nicely fried slices of “SPICY” SPAM waiting in the fridge for me to make me a fried SPAM sangwidge with pepper jack cheese and fresh tomato!

OH!  YEAH!!  Really spicy mustard on that one!!

Never understood that woman's problem.

When they asked the waitress what she had she says

Eggs and bacon

Eggs, bacon and sausage

Then she starts listing stuff with more and more amounts of spam with it.

But the first two items had no spam.

I prefer Ham and Eggs, chopped. 
:D

8669A668-0F54-48CD-8FA1-A802881B51E1.jpeg

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Never understood that woman's problem.

When they asked the waitress what she had she says

Eggs and bacon

Eggs, bacon and sausage

Then she starts listing stuff with more and more amounts of spam with it.

But the first two items had no spam.

It's a comedy skit....

7 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My family was nuts about 3 things that turn my stomach, fried SPAM, fried bologna and liver and onions.

Man, I love all three of those!

Add some fried chicken livers and fried okra and I'm close to heaven at a table.

28 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

Add some fried chicken livers and fried okra and I'm close to heaven at a table.

I kind of suspected that you were twisted...:lol:

32 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

Well,  except for the okra.

Need biscuits or cornbread. 

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Same here. Especially fried.

My family was nuts about 3 things that turn my stomach, fried SPAM, fried bologna and liver and onions. Fried SPAM and bologna literally gave my migraines. The doctor said it was the nitrates...I say it was due to poor taste...both the sensation and the descriptor. :lol:

I mostly agree, but I like fried beef liver with country sausage gravy.  Just once in awhile, but I do like it.

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

Depends on who cooks the chicken livers, and how.  I'll starve to death in a swimming pool full of okra before I eat any.

sliced and fried Spam is one of those things that is great until it isn't.  Sometimes that is after you are done eating, sometimes it is the third bite.  Once I hit that point, I am done and need to step away.

But, if you slice and dice the spam into fairly small pieces and fry it up until it is kinda crispy, it is great mixed into fried rice.  Shared some a while back with a coworker and he thought I had made bacon fried rice (not a half bad idea!).  He couldn't believe it was Spam.

14 minutes ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

But, if you slice and dice the spam into fairly small pieces and fry it up until it is kinda crispy, it is great mixed into fried rice.

Makes a nice hash too.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Well,  except for the okra.

Need biscuits or cornbread. 

I'm good with any or all of the three.

41 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Don't do Spam.  Just don't like the flavor or texture.

Don't eat organ meat at all.  Period. 

Ditto!

Growing up we were as poor as Job's turkey, so I ate a lot of Spam, a lot of Vienna sausages,  After I was grown, and out of the house, I never wanted to see those two items again. 

I don't eat organ meat either....just piano meat. 

Mom told me why we never had liver, while I was growing up. She said a liver was a filter.  Boy-howdy, that mental image has stuck with me, to this day!. 

But, to each his own.  If you can eat it, then go for it Willie!!!  Just stay away from them Chinese bats.  Some things just ain't meant to be eaten by human beans!!!

W.K.

18 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

fried bologna

I eat it at Black Gold.  Don't like SPAM.  Petey does.  Zero liver or kidneys - yes, they are filters (and kidneys smell like pee).

Archived