SASS Wire Forum

Only in America.....

Can you have been arrested over 100 times and still roam free to attack 90+ year old ladies. And they say the justice system is too harsh and biased....

https://www.foxnews.com/us/registered-sex-offender-shoving-woman-92-released-tickets

A black criminal walking the streets assaults a 92 year old woman, where is the outrage, the protests, the looting, burning, the mob violence, where is Black Lives Matter, Antifa, where are the shouts of racism. 

.22 ammo isn't very expensive.  Put a bullet in his brain pan and have the sanitation truck pick him up.......Then pay a visit to the judges that let him slide all those times and put them on notice so they won't be tempted to let any more of his type got away ever again.

Racist?  Nope.  That goes for all these repeat offenders who have never been made to pay for their crimes.

I keep wondering if "The Authorities" want to see vigilantism on the rise again?

If they do, this is the way to make it happen.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Outrageous is not strong enough.  Man shouldn’t be allowed in human society. 

Man?

21 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I keep wondering if "The Authorities" want to see vigilantism on the rise again?

If they do, this is the way to make it happen.

I don't think the authorities want vigilantism, Years of plea bargains rather than prosecuting the actual crime make it more likely to happen at some point. Criminals are more likely to feel there are no real consequences. Right now, inciting violence, felony destruction of private property, and looting may just equal "disturbing the peace" if not "exercising one's first amendment rights."

I hear Atlanta PD is saying they can not do their job due to the current political climate.

I'm going to stay well away from the protests this weekend, our sheriffs have not walked away, and are backed to do what they are hired to do. If the protesters scream and yell and call them racists and pigs, they will do nothing. If the protesters start smashing and grabbing, they will be arrested with all (but only) necessary force, and our DA will not bargain with them.

I keep forgetting, the Legal Industry requires a lot of crime to keep solvent.

In some jurisdictions, keeping innocent citizens safe, doesn't seem to have any priority. 

14 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I hear Atlanta PD is saying they can not do their job due to the current political climate.

They're right.  The officer who shot Reychard Brooks has been charged with murder, even though the shoot had already been called good according to the evidence.  No justice, no peace.

The DA charged the two officers before the Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) completed their investigation and turned over the report.  One of the officers was charged with Violation of Oath of Office (felony) for not telling the suspect he was under arrest for DUI prior to attempting to handcuff him.  

Atlanta P.D. officers have called in sick in mass.  APD won't release the numbers but the Georgia State Patrol is working traffic accidents on the city streets.  APD is not and has not been a good place to work in over 30 years.  I have multiple stories about having to deal with that agency from back when I worked criminal investigations.   

While I don't normally support police officers walking off the job, I think the time has come to get their attention.

There’s a distinct possibility that the charges against Officer Rolfe will be dismissed by the judge.  Additionally, I believe that he will win a lawsuit against The City of Atlanta, Georgia.

Cat Brules

2 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

There’s a distinct possibility that the charges against Officer Rolfe will be dismissed by the judge.  Additionally, I believe that he will win a lawsuit against The City of Atlanta, Georgia.

Cat Brules

The way this case has been presented by the media, I would think it likely that we would watch Atlanta (and likely a few other cities) burn if the charges are dismissed. 

Even a plea deal to lesser charges runs the risk of the mob, 'taking to the streets for justice.'

I would tell you how I really feel but it would take all day. 

Edit: Had to edit because I actually like hanging out with you jaspers. 
Sometimes my vitriol knows no bounds...

Long story short so that I can give 2 examples

Arrested Black man for murder. Checking his record showed he served 6 months for murder and had just been released for that murder. Asked him what that was about and he told me he killed his brother. I said one of his friends? No, he said, it really was his blood brother and they were playing basketball where he got mad at his brother, pulled out his gun, and shot him.

Second

Black man told me he ran over and killed the white woman because he saw her and that since she was white decided to kill her.

Asked the prosecutor to file Hate Crime and the reply that charge is only for white killing black because of their race.

The majority of times a cop was charged for killing a black suspect , once society was distracted by another issue,  a jury with blacks would review the evidence and find the cop acted legally.   I'm hoping for the same result for the Atlanta officers. 

The APD training officer was on TV and said the officer did nothing wrong and acted exactly like they are trained.  The DA is himself under investigation after money for victim assistance was diverted into his personal checking account.  He also has a sexual harassment charge pending against him and is in a hotly contested bid for reelection.  I hope this young officer has the means to get a good aggressive attorney.  

There's a lot of details in this case and fortunately everything was video taped from different angles.  It will all come out in court.  Unsubstantiated accusations, media posturing and political grandstanding won't hold up under cross examination.  

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The APD training officer was on TV and said the officer did nothing wrong and acted exactly like they are trained.  The DA is himself under investigation after money for victim assistance was diverted into his personal checking account.  He also has a sexual harassment charge pending against him and is in a hotly contested bid for reelection.  I hope this young officer has the means to get a good aggressive attorney.  

There's a lot of details in this case and fortunately everything was video taped from different angles.  It will all come out in court.  Unsubstantiated accusations, media posturing and political grandstanding won't hold up under cross examination.  

Yep.  The paper pushers in Atlanta know they're going to end up taking a big bite out of a sh** sandwich, they're just trying to delay the inevitable until the mob loses interest.  The fact that they're wrecking this officer's life is an unfortunate, but acceptable cost for them.

5 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

The way this case has been presented by the media, I would think it likely that we would watch Atlanta (and likely a few other cities) burn if the charges are dismissed. 

Even a plea deal to lesser charges runs the risk of the mob, 'taking to the streets for justice.'

1 hour ago, Trigger Mike said:

The majority of times a cop was charged for killing a black suspect , once society was distracted by another issue,  a jury with blacks would review the evidence and find the cop acted legally.   I'm hoping for the same result for the Atlanta officers. 

Don't bet on it Mike. As Ozark pointed out, Atlanta and other cities would burn from the rioting and looting. Why do you think that O.J. was acquitted......L.A. would have burned again along with other cities. 

8 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

The problem is that the taxpayers (or city's insurance company) will be the ones that pay out the money, not the unethical people who ordered the officers to be charged before the investigation was completed.

Want an honest discussion about Law Enforcement and Race? 

Best to start with some basic facts. 

(Black or African Americans make up 13% of the US population)

Here are the FBI arrest numbers:

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2018/crime-in-the-u.s.-2018/tables/table-43

Here are the wealth numbers:

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/racial-wealth-gap/

On 6/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I hear wealth-crime-poverty almost routinely get brought up in the same conversation. The link between them  is ignorance and stupidity; I am not calling a race ignorant or stupid.
But the results of ignorance and stupidity are glaringly obvious. 

Fix stupid, illegal and unproductive behavior and you’ve fixed most of the problems of the “oppressed” and “poor.”

Protestors today seem to just want others to feel their own self-induced misery, and get high off the euphoria of a like-minded crowd.

The wealth chart I found most interesting was the one below that shows the Median Net Worth of a Black head of household with a Bachelor's degree or higher verses a White head of household with No Bachelor's degree.

Racial Wealth Gap by Education

11 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

The wealth chart I found most interesting was the one below that shows the Median Net Worth of a Black head of household with a Bachelor's degree or higher verses a White head of household with No Bachelor's degree.

Racial Wealth Gap by Education

BQ, I think that might be more meaningful if they broke out the "Bachelor's Degree or Higher," rather than lumping them all together.  I'd like to see the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels reported separately.  I'm sure there'd still be a disparity, but it may not be so radical.

Net worth is a measure of what one has kept (not spent) or invested wisely versus foolishly.

Lets consider earnings. Also, lets not look a this information where the maker references where they got the net worth data, lets actually go look at the source data on income:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/184259/mean-earnings-by-educational-attainment-and-ethnic-group/

Because the chart referenced above has an "other" category but the cited source does not. The cited source has an Asian category instead.

From this chart, I can conclude those who get education beyond high school can easily do twice as well as those who don't (minus student loans), and with advanced education, whites are kind of average. Whites do seem to have an advantage without extra education beyond high school, but that isn't saying much.

On Edit: @Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 The data I referenced breaks out income for each education level. And the data in the chart you had comments about looks like it has another problem... It looks like the creator of that chart may have simply averaged all levels rather than considering that higher degree levels are not as common as lower levels.

It is the difference behind finding the data to make a point rather than finding the point in the data.

43 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

BQ, I think that might be more meaningful if they broke out the "Bachelor's Degree or Higher," rather than lumping them all together.  I'd like to see the bachelors, masters, and doctoral levels reported separately.  I'm sure there'd still be a disparity, but it may not be so radical.

Hardpan, I found this chart that breaks down annual earnings in ages 25-34 .

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/raceindicators/indicator_RFD.asp

13 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

John, I'm sorry but I can't view the chart you linked.  I get a pop-up ad in the middle of the chart that wants me to buy into ($39) the Statista website. 

I do too on trying to go there again. That sucks. Maybe clear cookies and try again...

27 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Hardpan, I found this chart that breaks down annual earnings in ages 25-34 .

https://nces.ed.gov/programs/raceindicators/indicator_RFD.asp

Better chart, BQ.

Living in California this tends to not be the norm.  Actually, since high school I personally have been excluded from job opportunities many times in my life for being a white male.  

A lot of the wage disparity can be attributed to the type of degree the person gets.  Someone graduating with a nursing degree, engineering  or computer science degree will make more money than the average person with a sports management, sociology or art history degree.  

56 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

A lot of the wage disparity can be attributed to the type of degree the person gets.  Someone graduating with a nursing degree, engineering  or computer science degree will make more money than the average person with a sports management, sociology or art history degree.  

Or art... mass communications... ethnic studies... other "liberal studies..." and a very large hat full of others.

My son has a friend who earned a degree in International Business maybe five years ago or so.  After years of waiting tables, working in a pawn shop, and such, he recently became a firefighter.

Good career move!  ^_^

On 6/18/2020 at 10:44 AM, Cypress Sun said:

Atlanta and other cities would burn from the rioting and looting.

And it will continue as long as cities allow it to happen without consequences.  Way past time for our government(s) to cowboy up.

Archived