SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 1872 Open Top 38 7 1/2 consecutive pair++++SOLD guns on layway

Happy Appy

Bought as backup with few rounds just to try them out.   Taking up space need to go.  Action work done by Lonnie and they are race ready smooth as glass.  Lonnie is one of the best as he does all the work for Mike Harvey at Cimarron.   Less than a box thru the pair.   Free handed u could put 10 rd in a .50 coin   They have been in the safe for several year and need to get out and breath.  They are sweet  $1195 plus shipping 

AEC332CC-A6E1-4CF5-BA8A-4685FD5EF806.jpeg

23F59A6B-7CE6-4476-9B26-A0346148016B.jpeg

32EA3008-25F8-42CE-8E5E-A3785723839C.jpeg

7A9506C2-8D69-47B0-AA6C-7EBC49E1DE08.jpeg

31A2786B-B890-4B88-99FE-4A71194C9E84.jpeg

83C7CDBF-FA91-415B-8C2D-8E216486BF40.jpeg

They are a great shooting pair.  If u were going to stand and take your time you could put 10 rounds inside of .50 coin.  Smooth pair of open tops by Lonnie who is one of the best in Tex or anywhere else.  Does all the Cimarroms for Mike Harvey

Colorado I'm not sure if it has or not.  They have been safe queens for a long time.  Sorry  Happy

Hi Happy :)

Here is the problem with ALL Uberti built Open Top design guns.  The problem is universal, Open Tops, Cap Guns, ALL of the Open Top guns and it has been problem for decades and Uberti has NOT fix'd the problem.  The bore in the Barrel Lug is deeper than the Arbor is long.  This allows the wedge to push the breach of the barrel up against the Cylinder face.  Causing the gun to jam and creating wear on the Barrel Breach and Cylinder face.  Plus, every time you take the gun apart to clean, when you put it back together, you get a different gun.  Literally.  The FIRST thing that has to be done to a Uberti Open Top, is to correct that Barrel to Arbor fit.  There are several other dimensions that are dependent upon correct Barrel/Arbor fit.  Head Space and End Shake are dependent on good Barrel to Arbor fit.

That is why u give it to the best gunsmith around because he knows what he is doing.  Happy

Sgt let me hear from u phone #  409 782-0019  or email  jerrymcdaniel95@gmail.com  we can work with u.  Thanks and have a blessed weekend and be safe.  Happy

He is something when it comes to guns.  I had two customers that called him about diving up to drop of two guns for him to do his magic on.  They said they were willing to drive the three hours to get him to do their guns.  They arrived and visited a few minutes and was going to leave, and he told them to go have some lunch.  When they got back their guns were ready to go home.  I have seen him stop what he was doing more times than I can count and work on your gun while you are there.  I was going up to Colo for a shoot and took a new 73 in and waited while he got it ready to go.  Really a nice man

Archived