SASS Wire Forum

Garretts Gun Collection Live Auction

My wife stumbled across this Auction, which if you live close enough, you could attend,

2251 mineral Wells Hwy
Weatherford, TX 76088

but for others, it will be available as an online Auction.

Here is the link to the Auction website:

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Weatherford/76088/2468811

And here is the link to the Catalog of items:

https://webzoom.freewebs.com/stepbackntime/photos/items/41 - AUCTION LOTS WITH ESTIMATES (1).pdf

The live auction will start with 50 hand guns and then we will go to 50 long guns.  Back and forth all day long.  (50 then 50)

Be prepared to look through some 5,000+ pictures. :o

Just a sample of the 735 items for sale.

1-t.jpg  1-t.jpg

1-t.jpg  1-t.jpg

Since auctions are not allowed to be posted here your punishment is that you must buy this rifle and then raffle it off to the most deserving Cowboy or Cowgirl in the Saloon.

Pat (what is very deserving) Riot :D

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Since auctions are not allowed to be posted here your punishment is that you must buy this rifle and then raffle it off to the most deserving Cowboy or Cowgirl in the Saloon.

Pat (what is very deserving) Riot :D

Pat,

I tried to email a Moderator, Super Moderator or even an Administrator after having read the Guidelines and could not find any of them online.

My apologies for my indiscretion and I will keep you in mind should I find that I am the high bidder on the rifle in question. ;)

Feel free to click the Report Post icon. :(

FOUND IT!

"This is NOT an Auction/bidding site, and linking to offsite auctions is prohibited."

7 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Pat,

I tried to email a Moderator, Super Moderator or even an Administrator after having read the Guidelines and could not find any of them online.

My apologies for my indiscretion and I will keep you in mind should I find that I am the high bidder on the rifle in question. ;)

Feel free to click the Report Post icon. :(

FOUND IT!

"This is NOT an Auction/bidding site, and linking to offsite auctions is prohibited."

Just bust in’ yer chops, Pard. :D

I have a feeling that rule is to prevent us using this site to promote an auction where we have something for sale.

If so, I would not find this general-interest post to be against that rule. this auction is more a matter of news-worthiness for this group.

But if you want to buy the rifle and have a drawing for one of us, put my name in the hat. :D

I have turned myself in and...

image.png.3efefac522cc8c3b22c1c37b7ece3032.png

...and the SASS Moderators. :blush:

Howdy,

I so much regret not trying to bid on Sammy Davis Jr revolver set.

It went for about a third of what I guessed.

I would just have put off my next car purchase. New tires instead....

O well.

Best

CR

Archived