SASS Wire Forum

Interesting leopard facts

Alpo

I don't recall if it was in the movie, but I know it was in the book. In 101 Dalmatians, when Cruella de Vil first saw the puppies, she pronounced them "mongrels", as they were all white. Jim Dear and Darling had to explain to her that they were born white, and spots would not appear till they were about 8 weeks old.

I'm reading Tarzan and the Leopard Men. They have just captured the beautiful white woman (they always capture the beautiful white woman) and have decided that she is to be the new high priest of the Leopard God. They strip her and redress her.

First they put on a loincloth made of the skins of unborn leopard cubs.

This brings to mind an exceedingly soft fur, golden yellow with little black spots - almost like polka dots.

But I remembered the Dalmatians. So I looked it up.

Leopard cubs are not born with spots. Like most cats, they are born with blue eyes, and their spots start to appear about the time their eyes change color to yellow, at around 5 weeks.

Okay. So these will be extremely soft golden yellow furs.

Nope. They are not yellow when they're born either. They are gray.

Oh well. Now I know something I did not know before.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

I don't recall if it was in the movie, but I know it was in the book. In 101 Dalmatians, when Cruella de Vil first saw the puppies, she pronounced them "mongrels", as they were all white. Jim Dear and Darling had to explain to her that they were born white, and spots would not appear till they were about 8 weeks old.

I'm reading Tarzan and the Leopard Men. They have just captured the beautiful white woman (they always capture the beautiful white woman) and have decided that she is to be the new high priest of the Leopard God. They strip her and redress her.

First they put on a loincloth made of the skins of unborn leopard cubs.

This brings to mind an exceedingly soft fur, golden yellow with little black spots - almost like polka dots.

But I remembered the Dalmatians. So I looked it up.

Leopard cubs are not born with spots. Like most cats, they are born with blue eyes, and their spots start to appear about the time their eyes change color to yellow, at around 5 weeks.

Okay. So these will be extremely soft golden yellow furs.

Nope. They are not yellow when they're born either. They are gray.

Oh well. Now I know something I did not know before.

A day well spent, Alpo. 

I never thought of THAT one!  (That’s probably a good thing.......)

Here’s how it might have gone:

”Come on, Melissa.....let me get you out of those cool clothes.  Let me dress you in even cooler clothes!  You’ll look like a goddess!  No, I don’t actually have those clothes here, right now.  This is just a practice run.  What?  Why do you want to go home?  Now?  Why?“

Cat Brules

Reality:

Here let me...”SLAP“!

No look, we have these..”SLAP”!

C’mon Now! Here...(scratch)

OWE! Lady, you’re a...”BAM”!

I give up...

"Happy B'Day Darling".

Oh dear, this is such a beautiful jacket..... and so soft.   What is it made of?

"The skin of UNBORN leopard cubs".

Oh dear.   But why are there a couple holes in it?

"We had to shoot the momma.   Your brother Ralph used her skin to cover the dash board in his new caddy".

..........Widder

13 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Leopards in East Africa have round spots, in South Africa their spots are more square. They were once thought to be two different species. DNA analysis show that it is just a gene difference. Square is a recessive trait.

Leopard with round spots.

Leopard with square spots.

Same species. :lol:

88053865-47FB-411F-9C9F-C2369ACFDE97.jpeg

D11F2AF2-E43D-4AFE-8CA0-566374693BDB.jpeg

I just want to know . . . .  Who is that brave/crazy SOB that pulled those baby leopards out UNBORN?  I bet mama leopard didn't take kindly to that.

Archived