SASS Wire Forum

Amazon Smile is a charitable giving program, in which Amazon donates to certain charities that you designate.

I designated the NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund,  When the NRA steps up and offers legal assistance to a person wrongly charged with a firearm offense, or takes on a case involving 2nd Amendment rights, very often some or all of the funding comes from this Fund.

I have to chuckle at the irony of money generated by Amazon (a company with a leftist slant to its politics) going to this Fund.

This is a message I recently received from the Fund:

This is your quarterly AmazonSmile donation notification. Your charity, NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund, recently received a quarterly donation of $6,300.47 thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com.

To date, AmazonSmile has donated a total of:

• $104,163.96 to NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund
  • $183,120,221.33 to all charities

Thank you for supporting NRA Civil Rights Defense Fund by shopping at smile.amazon.com. You can track your impact throughout the year at your My Impact page.

AmazonSmile is also available in the Amazon Shopping app on iPhone and Android phones. See how to activate 
here.

Give some thought to designating the Fund as a beneficiary on your Amazon account.

LL

I participate as well. Donate to the 2nd Amendment Foundation. 

Once a year I donate to several several gun rights organizations. Donate $100.00 to each and use Paypal to send the money. Get to dig at paypal and I get 6 months free interest as well.

Sorry. My donations go to the Green Beret Foundation.

30 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Been doing this for quite awhile. However, for the past few months, this message has been appearing every time I go to Amazon!

image.png.c1b5e905dbe22d74086d03bf8aa2489c.png

They occasionally  ask if you wish to change.

I used to donate to various cancer charities and I would get the same messages. It's not a conspiracy or anything.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sorry. My donations go to the Green Beret Foundation.

Don’t apologize for that 

I don't use Amazon very much at all. I just donate when I can to  gun groups, NRA, 2nd amendment foundation, Gun owners of America and Ohioans for concealed carry.

I donate monthly to the Shriners Hospital for Children.

When I was working (before I retired), I donated weekly thru the United Way to the Eddie Eagle program that the NRA has.

Loophole, I believe you were the one that told us about this last year. That’s when I switched to Amazon Smile for a lot of my purchases. Thank you. 

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Loophole, I believe you were the one that told us about this last year. That’s when I switched to Amazon Smile for a lot of my purchases. Thank you. 

Just spreadin' the gospel, Pat. 

By all means, contribute to your own charities as you see fit.  I too have some pet charities that I regularly support.  The thing that attracted me to this program was the chance to tell Amazon how to spend its own money.  I use Amazon a lot; I hate to shop in stores, and I'm basically lazy when it comes to running out to shop.  Amazon was made for a guy like me.  

And after the stories I've seen circulated about how Amazon does not support the 2nd, there was something delicious about telling them to contribute their funds to a 2nd non-profit to help defend gun owner's rights.

Now, if I could just figure a way to get EBay and Chase Bank to do something similar....;)

An even bigger score would be to persuade the ACLU to take on a 2nd Amendment case; it frosts my gonads every time I see their claim that they stand up for and defend the Bill of Rights...except for that messy 2nd. :ph34r:

LL

Archived