SASS Wire Forum

Any of yall use a bullet feeder?

I've got a dillon RL 1050 set up for 38 super. I'm going to change it over to 9mm. Apparently I can just change the dies and use everything else on it with just a bit of adjusting. I am wondering if the cost is worth it to purchase the Mr bullet feeder. Do you use some other kind of bullet feeder?

9 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

...I am wondering if the cost is worth it to purchase the Mr bullet feeder. Do you use some other kind of bullet feeder?

I considered it several times.  I didn't purchase because I believe the cost of the initial unit was too high and the cost of caliber change is high too.  Then I question, "Did it really speed up the reloading process?".  I don't believe it does.

The "some other kind of bullet feeder" I use is attached to my left wrist.

I have a mini Mr. Bullet Feeder and use it for .38sp and 9mm as the same setting die is used for both calibers on my Dillon 650.  For me its not so much as loading faster but being able to watch everything as it happens. I use a powder check die in position 3 and a combo seat/crimp die in position 5.

Kajun

I have one on my 650 ... but it is an RCBS. I didn't want to have a different one for every caliber. 

I had to use another Dillon case feeder arm to mount the RCBS (bet Dillon didn't know they sold bullet feeder arms ... :lol:).

A Hornady is like the RCBS but on steroids ... probably the cheapest and there is an available arm to mount it to a Dillon press.

Feeds everything .. just change the down tube for small or large caliber. 

bulletfeederA.thumb.jpg.673543c86ec2f9688cad19e8210d959c.jpg bulletfeederB.thumb.jpg.ce8b08f35d2cadc9198426443ea63c4e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I ran up on this topic late, but I love my Mr. Bulletfeeder, now that I have the kinks worked out. If you get one, I believe I can save you some time in getting it running well. I load between 600 & 1200 coated 38's per week. If I have to stop & fix something, I'll run 100 bullets in 3 1/2 to 4 minutes without trying to go fast. If I have no mishaps, I usually load 100 bullets in about 3 minutes & less. And, the Double-Alpha primer sorter is worth the money also ($200) I always have the next 100 primer tube ready to load when it's time. I'll be at Ocoee Saturday, & we can discuss if you like.

16 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

I ran up on this topic late, but I love my Mr. Bulletfeeder, now that I have the kinks worked out. If you get one, I believe I can save you some time in getting it running well. I load between 600 & 1200 coated 38's per week. If I have to stop & fix something, I'll run 100 bullets in 3 1/2 to 4 minutes without trying to go fast. If I have no mishaps, I usually load 100 bullets in about 3 minutes & less. And, the Double-Alpha primer sorter is worth the money also ($200) I always have the next 100 primer tube ready to load when it's time. I'll be at Ocoee Saturday, & we can discuss if you like.

Yes sir. I was gonna hit you up then. I appreciate it!

I was able again to check out my Bullet Feeder just yesterday.  Did a 200 round run with nary a problem.  Although I still can't hold a fork and feed bullets simultaneously. :huh:

ALLIE MO .... does that mean Hubby can hold TWO forks while feeding bullets :o

Archived