SASS Wire Forum

Typical number bullet of loops on belts

Swift Justice

My belts are 20 years old. Back then we were into looking authentic Late 1800s Western. Got 24 loops on em. I carry 10 rounds of 44 in them. I figger I’m carrying a leather belt , 2 holsters and Two 42 ounce Pistols, I ain’t gonna notice another 5 to 10 ounces of cartridges!  

Howdy @Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283

Very stylish rig!! But I looked several minutes at it now and the angles of your holsters still somehow confuse me with the backwards canting on both. While I guess it's just a preference on your strong hand holster, I have no idea how you draw that other long-barreled revolver... Only possibility i could imagine would be a reverse (cavalry twist) draw with your left hand?

Oh, and please keep that beautiful knife on your belt :)

Equanimous

3 hours ago, Equanimous Phil said:

Howdy @Driftwood Johnson, SASS #38283

Very stylish rig!! But I looked several minutes at it now and the angles of your holsters still somehow confuse me with the backwards canting on both. While I guess it's just a preference on your strong hand holster, I have no idea how you draw that other long-barreled revolver... Only possibility i could imagine would be a reverse draw with your left hand?

Oh, and please keep that beautiful knife on your belt :)

Equanimous

Phil, he wears the belt with buckle to the back And bullet loops In the front. Then the holsters are canted forward! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, my belt carries 24 rds of .44 Mag for my pistols, slide on's for 8 shotgun shells and a slide on for 5 x .45 Colt for my rifle. As a young infanteer, I learned to carry as much ammo on my belt as possible. Some old habits are hard to break!

So I asked this because I am having a rig made for me. I decided to go with 10 loops  because I like the look and I can add a slide if need be.  I really appreciate all the responses.  Thank you to everyone for being so helpful!

Archived