SASS Wire Forum

Steel Sensitivity?

Lawdog Dago Dom

Recently I was moved by the calendar into the Senior category. A friend has a small cowboy range set up on his farm, and was having a practice match on that day (first match as a Senior, technically. Youngest son was visiting, so we brought him along to let him try CAS. It was a great day and the weather was perfect. Since he lives in Chicago (I know, I know) most of his fellow 20 something friends are a wee bit liberal. We have met quite a few and they know I'm a retired LEO and participate in CAS with my wife. They have no problem with any of that.

My son put a video of me shooting on Instagram with the caption, Happy Birthday Lawdog! All of the liberal friends had positive comments and congrats to post.

Except the girlfriend of one of the friends.

She said it was insensitive to post that video (all 30 seconds) given the trauma people all over America are going through due to gun violence.

He explained they were 19th century designed weapons, shooting steel targets on a farm, far from anyone or anything.

She said shooting at targets was stupid, and he needs to find a non-violent way to celebrate with his parents.

Funny thing is the other liberal friends were supportive of the video and thought the girl was out of line with her criticism.

She then blocked my son so she won't have to endure more violent videos. And he is fine with that.

So much for being inclusive, huh?

42 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

. . . . .She said it was insensitive to post that video (all 30 seconds) given the trauma people all over America are going through due to gun violence.. . . . . .She said shooting at targets was stupid,  . . . .

Face it, Dom.  You're just stupid and insensitive.  Now go have a beer on me.

57 minutes ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Leftists use the same words as normal English but they mean different things.

"Inclusion" means doing what they want and saying what they want you to say.

Bet she's not getting butt hurt over the antifa thugs open carrying those scary black rifle in Seattle.

Always remember when dealing with liberals, they don’t want to hear your opinion, they want to hear their opinion coming from your mouth. 
Regards

:FlagAm: :FlagAm: :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Best way to argue with leftists...

Don’t!

Stooping to their level empowers them, in their silly little minds. 

We need to get the root cause analysis into universal usage:  We have a Mental Illness problem, not a Gun Violence problem

Duffield

13 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Sounds like he has found a pretty good girlfriend litmus test. ;)

It's one of his buddies girlfriends, but you point is quite valid.

16 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

...Except the girlfriend of one of the friends.

She said it was insensitive to post that video (all 30 seconds) given the trauma people all over America are going through due to gun violence....

She said shooting at targets was stupid, and he needs to find a non-violent way to celebrate with his parents...

For me to value someone's opinion they first need to earn my respect.

Getting the Mindless To Mind their Manners is Pointless....

Her rant was Rude and Thoughtless ,,,,, But what can you expect from someone with-out the Tools needed for reasoned Thought...

Jabez Cowboy

I'd be grateful she said it.  Saves some heartache down the road.

I met my future wife on a blind date.  She mentioned that her dad was a quail hunter and she was used to eating quail for breakfast.  The first time I was invited into her parent's home, I saw fishing rods standing in the corner of the room.

I proposed in 5 weeks.  We had our 50th on June 5.

:)

8 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Best way to argue with leftists...

Don’t!

Stooping to their level empowers them, in their silly little minds. 

But it's so much fun to poke holes in their fragile egos while disproving their rhetoric.

20 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Recently I was moved by the calendar into the Senior category. A friend has a small cowboy range set up on his farm, and was having a practice match on that day (first match as a Senior, technically. Youngest son was visiting, so we brought him along to let him try CAS. It was a great day and the weather was perfect. Since he lives in Chicago (I know, I know) most of his fellow 20 something friends are a wee bit liberal. We have met quite a few and they know I'm a retired LEO and participate in CAS with my wife. They have no problem with any of that.

My son put a video of me shooting on Instagram with the caption, Happy Birthday Lawdog! All of the liberal friends had positive comments and congrats to post.

Except the girlfriend of one of the friends.

She said it was insensitive to post that video (all 30 seconds) given the trauma people all over America are going through due to gun violence.

He explained they were 19th century designed weapons, shooting steel targets on a farm, far from anyone or anything.

She said shooting at targets was stupid, and he needs to find a non-violent way to celebrate with his parents.

Funny thing is the other liberal friends were supportive of the video and thought the girl was out of line with her criticism.

She then blocked my son so she won't have to endure more violent videos. And he is fine with that.

what I take away from this is you're able to shoot the stage in 30 seconds.  I'm about at the halfway point at that time

1 hour ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

But it's so much fun to poke holes in their fragile egos while disproving their rhetoric.

That is true...Proceed :D

2 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

what I take away from this is you're able to shoot the stage in 30 seconds.  I'm about at the halfway point at that time

Shooting a stage is one thing.

Doing it without an "M" or "P" is another.:D

8 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

I met my future wife on a blind date.  

:)

That's the same way I met my future wife. I just have to find a way to break it to my current wife.:P 

Archived