SASS Wire Forum

2020 Revenge of Montezuma annual shoot

Next weekend I will be shooting the annual Revenge of Montezuma for the last time. This shoot has been held for 20 years now and it will end Sunday. Was the first annual shoot I shot when I joined SASS. I've shot 16 of them and had a blast. Stumble Leena, Piedra Kid, Awful Ernie and Shotgun Shell have always gone above and beyond in organizing and putting on this shoot. It will be sad to see it go, but on to bigger and better things.

I've met lots of great cowboys and cowgirls from all over the world in this shoot and made a lot of new Pards that I can call friends. 

Happy Trails and looking forward to a great time this weekend.

I'll be staying in the rv area with electricity . I have a Denali trailer with a bull elk mural on the back. look forward to seeing you. Oh...I'll be there Thursday.

I'm looking to get to Montrose between 5:00 and 6:00 Thursday , check in the motel , then drive out to the range to be sure I can still find it. I think the last Siege that I attended was in late 1990's or very early 2000's. 

Getting antsy , Rex :D

What will happen to the wall with all the names that have attended over the years..along with some mates we were there in 2011.

A lot of Aussies have been to the ROM....especially Sam Balin who would have attended many many times.

All the best to the Regulators & the new range.

I don't know. The owner of the range/property has not allowed us to shoot there since late last year. Windy Gap has a new range for our monthly shoots.

Sad to hear this. We have been at the Cortez location  and always enjoyed it.  Now its going to Montrose & with my COPD can not handle  elevation. Have attended Montrose shoot 2-3 times and always enjoyed it. First time there was 1997 & 2011 /2012

And like Painted Mohawk stated the wall had our names on it also. See you all else where some where in time.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Sun City, Arizona

10 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Rex .U still got that Diesel generator. 

Largo

No , it gave up the ghost on the move to Texas in 2008. Was a good generator , only slightly louder than a D-9 Cat.:lol::lol:

Rex :D

By the way ,  I didn't see your name in the list of who's coming to The Last Revenge. What's up with that?:D

Everyone traveling to the Revenge: monitor the road reports for closures.  According to local news "Colorado State Hwy. 160 is closed between Mancos and Hesperus, as well as La Plata County" due to the East Canyon Fire.

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Everyone traveling to the Revenge: monitor the road reports for closures.  According to local news "Colorado State Hwy. 160 is closed between Mancos and Hesperus, as well as La Plata County" due to the East Canyon Fire.

I was thru there yesterday on a trip to Durango. It was closed in the afternoon when the wind changed. Open this am.

Big Sage ;How you doing pilgrim? When you coming to Arizona?

We're going to Land Run end of October right after Border Town.. First week in September to California State match.

Take care see yah down the road some where in time.

Jackrabbit & Sly puppy

I am looking forward to getting back to Yuma next year. Been a couple of years since I shot there. My Pard Mt. Byron moved from Yuma to Indio and I really looked forward to shooting with him. I have shot about 10 of the Prison Breakout shoots and miss all the folks that shoot it. See ya' in January.

7 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Packing thing this am. My Pard from Calif, Rusty Actions will be here soon and we leave in the AM.

Best wishes Pard , have a fun time & a great shoot !

It was nice meeting you, Big Sage.  Too bad your shoulder was not ready for the match.  Heal up soon because there is plenty of cowboy shooting and elk hunting in your future.

Archived