SASS Wire Forum

WTB 56/50 Spencer Brass

Larabee

Hello Pards,

Looking to buy around a 100 rounds of good used or new 56/50 Spencer brass. Would be interested in a set of reloading dies also if someone had a set they would part with.  Let me know what you have . Thanks, Larabee 

I have a brand new/old stock set of 4-D dies (CH4D) with shell holder I'll send off to you for $80, shipped - Buffalo Arms price on these is $130.59 plus shipping, and probably without a shell holder.

5650dies.jpg

Do you have an original or reproduction?  It makes a big difference in the dies you should buy.   

Google Spencer Shooting Society and check out all the information posted there. It will save you a lot of money and frustration in the long run. I recently came into possession of a gently used Armi-Sport (Taylor's) Spencer in 56-50 and the info I learned there has running smooth as silk. 

I'm actually shooting these in an old Swedish rolling block rifle loaded with black powder. I shot a few of the new production starline brass that a friend had loaded for his Taylor's Spencer. 

Still looking for brass....if anyone has any, before I buy new from starline. It's a shame they don't offer in quantities smaller than 250....

Yep, Midway shows five 100 piece lots in stock @ $99.99 ea + shipping. Track of the Wolf also shows it by the piece, 50 pieces, 100 pieces, or 250 pieces.
https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Search.aspx?search=56-50 brass
I bet Buffalo Arms carries it too.

Thanks a bunch Pards, didn't think of checking there. 

Brass and dies purchased,  thanks to all. 

Larabee 

Archived