SASS Wire Forum

Today Is FLAG DAY...Fly it proudly!

Pat Riot

Stuck in this dang apartment complex I’ll have to settle for a flag t-shirt. Not one flag in evidence here.:(

No idea. I saw it on another forum in a post that said Happy Birthday Mr. President.

I stole it. It was too good to let disappear into the ether.

46 minutes ago, Alpo said:

No idea. I saw it on another forum in a post that said Happy Birthday Mr. President.

Saved that photo. I am going to see if I can make this for 4th of July. :D :FlagAm:

Might be interesting as I have never baked a cake in my life. ;)

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Saved that photo. I am going to see if I can make this for 4th of July. :D :FlagAm:

Might be interesting as I have never baked a cake in my life. ;)

I asked my gal if she could make a cake like that. She's a real good baker. Hate to disappoint you. She took one look and told me this. The cake is actually a white cake that has been sliced and frosting applied where the slice has been removed to make it look like it is layered like that. The frosting on the top and sides is done that way also.

33 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I asked my gal if she could make a cake like that. She's a real good baker. Hate to disappoint you. She took one look and told me this. The cake is actually a white cake that has been sliced and frosting applied where the slice has been removed to make it look like it is layered like that. The frosting on the top and sides is done that way also.

You could do a red velvet cake and a white cake, slice them horizontally, and stack them. For the blue, white cake with a good blue food coloring paste, bake it, cut a ring out of it, then fill the center with layers of the red velvet and white cake.    Not really technically all that difficult.

3 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

Are we still allowed to celebrate our flag and what it stands for?

Are you a Subject or a Citizen? :FlagAm:

Our house patriotically and proudly flies Old Glory 24/7/365. And yes, it's illuminated overnight. :FlagAm: 'Merica

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You could do a red velvet cake and a white cake, slice them horizontally, and stack them. For the blue, white cake with a good blue food coloring paste, bake it, cut a ring out of it, then fill the center with layers of the red velvet and white cake.    Not really technically all that difficult.

I was thinking of red velvet cake with the layers sliced in half, so you had four layers instead of two, and white stripes were cream cheese frosting in between the red layers. The same frosting that you would put on a carrot cake.

The blue was giving me trouble, but your explanation would work.

40 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I was thinking of red velvet cake with the layers sliced in half, so you had four layers instead of two, and white stripes were cream cheese frosting in between the red layers. The same frosting that you would put on a carrot cake.

The blue was giving me trouble, but your explanation would work.

That is what I was thinking. 

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

My Wife Pat makes one.  Most of the time for the 4th.

Archived