SASS Wire Forum

WTB Henry “Evil Roy” 22LR

Capt'n Rudy

Looking for a second one of these Henry 22LR rifles for my second granddaughter. Oldest granddaughter receiving one for her 12th birthday I need one within the next year for my second granddaughter.  Neither granddaughter Shoots CAS, yet, but both can bang steel at 600 yards with their dad’s 6.5 Creedmoor on their bellies.  And my oldest granddaughter got her first deer at age 10.  Yes, I’m super proud of my granddaughters and have their USMC Dad’s ok to buy each of them their first rifle.

I’d prefer a face-to-face sale in Florida this year, possibly at the Florida State match in November.

Any cowboy or cowgirl got one of these in their safe that they can part with?  The “Evil Roy” edition is not scarce and I can always buy the second one on GB.

thanks for looking.

Capt'n,

Mine ain't for sale..... but I gotta commend ya on your great taste in .22 rifles.

Its size is darn near perfect for a young person or an adult.

P.S. - I did replace my big loop for the standard lever size.   Its a great rifle.

..........Widder

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Capt'n,

Mine ain't for sale..... but I gotta commend ya on your great taste in .22 rifles.

Its size is darn near perfect for a young person or an adult.

P.S. - I did replace my big loop for the standard lever size.   Its a great rifle.

..........Widder

Capt'n,

I highly recommend you get one that Widder has worked his magic on. I had Widder change out the big loop lever & do an action job on my Henry Evil Roy. It was a fine rifle out of the box, but even better when he was done with it! Bring the girls & their Dad to Wartrace in October for the TN State Match. We'd love to have all of y'all shooting with us! And I am sure Slater's In House Guns will have a booth full of Henry 22's to choose from on vendor's row. (And we have a 22 speed rifle side match)

Chickamauga Slim  

+10 to Widder's "soft stroke" Henry with Slater's trigger job. You won't regret it!

23 hours ago, Chickamauga Slim said:

Capt'n,

I highly recommend you get one that Widder has worked his magic on. I had Widder change out the big loop lever & do an action job on my Henry Evil Roy. It was a fine rifle out of the box, but even better when he was done with it! Bring the girls & their Dad to Wartrace in October for the TN State Match. We'd love to have all of y'all shooting with us! And I am sure Slater's In House Guns will have a booth full of Henry 22's to choose from on vendor's row. (And we have a 22 speed rifle side match)

Chickamauga Slim  

11 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

+10 to Widder's "soft stroke" Henry with Slater's trigger job. You won't regret it!

Thanks for the kind words.

And don't forget.....  Slater and I will be donating a new Henry .22  'SILVER EAGLE'  to Wartrace for the 2020 TN State Match.

It will already be modified with the Widder Soft Stroke and Slater's trigger mod.

We already have the rifle.  Somebody is gonna win a prized possession in October.

..........Widder

Thanks to all you Cowboys for the kind words and the recommendations.  For now the only modification will be the addition of butt leather. Just found a local Leather Smith that already makes custom butt leather for the Evil Roy with a window that shows the factory “Evil Roy” on the butt stock.  Grandma does not want “Evil Roy“ showing so
Leather Smith Bob  is making one with “HOPE” in that place instead.  Here’s a shout-out recommendation for

BOBSLEATHERWORKS@aol.com

Still looking for a Henry Evil Roy for my second granddaughter.  I have over a year to find one.

Archived