SASS Wire Forum

Track of the Wolf Nipples / Cones

Sedalia Dave

Does anyone have experience with the Stainless Steel nipples sold by Track of the wolf.  I have an 1860 that cannot use Treso or Slix Shot nipples because they are too long.

Track of the Wolf sells them in a couple of different lengths.

Does anybody have first hand experience with them? If so are they as good at Treso's or Slix?

Hi Dave:

While I have never used them myself, I have it from reliable Frontiersmen that they are very good nipples.

I personally would not hesitate to give them a try.

Not exactly what you were asking, but I hope it helps.

—Dawg

I've got them on my 2 1860's by Pietta and they work just fine. I'm currently using #11 Remington caps with no issue.

I have used the Track of The Wolf stainless in about four of my guns with no problems. I use Remington #10 caps that work just fine. All the revolvers that have the stainless nipples are snubbies. DC

Since You state that TOTW has two sizes of stainless nipples, why don’t you take a couple measurements of your current nipples, using accurate calipers, and order the TOTW nipples that match (or measure out to come the closest to), yours?  Try them out, see what happens; if they don’t work, return them.

I haven’t used them, but I’ve read accounts from those who do use them, and those accounts are favorable.

Cat Brules

As Cat stated I measured the originals and went with that size. I liked being able to order just 5 for each gun and left one original in so as to be able to see the empty cylinder. When I clean the gun they go back in at random, thus all cylinders are used eventually.

Archived