SASS Wire Forum

Triple Crown Horse Races - 2020

Cat Brules

While I do not “follow the horses,” as such, I do like to watch the Triple Crown races every year.

The Triple Crown is awarded to a single 3-year-old Thoroughbred horse that wins all three Triple Crown races in a given year.  Obviously, such a 3-race winner doesn’t come along every year, so the Triple Crown isn’t awarded every year.  Anyway.....

You can read the specifics regarding the Triple Crown here, on Wikipedia:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Crown_of_Thoroughbred_Racing_(United_States)

Here are the dates and locations for the 2020 Triple Crown races:

Race Date Location
Belmont Stakes Saturday, June 20 Elmont, New York
Kentucky Derby Saturday, Sept. 5 Louisville, Kentucky
Preakness Stakes Saturday, Oct. 3 Baltimore, Maryland

Cat Brules

There's a little bit of controversy about the Belmont this year which has been shortened to 1 1/8 miles from 1 1/2. That said, it still will take a healthy horse to do all three. Multiple top rated challengers have fallen off the trail due to injury so far. The wife and I have been watching racing on FS1 & FS2 and doing virtual bets on the outcomes. It's a lot cheaper than playing for real at OTB places which have been shut down due to the virus.

There may be demonstrations and suits against the people who raise and race thoroughbred horses by those who prefer quarter horses!  Rank discrimination by insisting on distances over one-quarter of a mile!  What about those raising Palaminos and ignoring bay or sorrels? Or visa versa!  :wacko::rolleyes:

Aaarrrggghhh!

CB   :blink:  :P

Archived