SASS Wire Forum

Tombstone Territory TV Series

May be the first time I ever saw a real Colt Sheriffs Model used on film!   Watch the beginning where the deputy is murdered at the bar. 

Doc Holiday in Durango

On another note it sure looks like Sheriff Hollisters (Pat Conway) pistols are longer than 7.5 in but shorter than Buntlines 12.  Maybe its just the appearance because the holsters are too short.

I not even sure if that was a colt.  Looked like a chiefs special in 38 possibly.  I could see it very well. Gene Barry carried a short colt in a cross draw in “bat Masterson. Robert Taylor a colt sheriffs model in the movie “The Hangman” and it was in a FBI style right kidney holster 

The Shane TV show. 1966, David Carradine in the title role. Instead of a seven and a half inch like Alan Ladd carried, Carradine had a three and a half inch. I remember the one episode I saw, he was having a running gun fight in the woods, and when he reloaded he was having to shake the gun to get the empties out, because of no ejector rod.

Seems like a really stupid thing for a professional gunfighter to carry, in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

I not even sure if that was a colt.  Looked like a chiefs special in 38 possibly.  I could see it very well. Gene Barry carried a short colt in a cross draw in “bat Masterson. Robert Taylor a colt sheriffs model in the movie “The Hangman” and it was in a FBI style right kidney holster 

Watch carefully again as he turns toward the batwings.  Thats a Colt SAA with no ejector rod IMHO

When he shoots the deputy, you can see a plow handle grip like a single action.

But when he shoots the guy at the bar, it looks like a double action snub nose 38.

Archived