SASS Wire Forum

Think I may try it after it is slicked up..Added pictures

Pit Bull Tex

TTN hammered double.Looks new.Two small light marks on stock.Don't think it has been touch by a smith.Just got it yesterday and clean it up this morning.

IMG_3287.JPG

IMG_3286.JPG

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3284.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3282.JPG

IMG_3283.JPG

IMG_3280.JPG

IMG_3279.JPG

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3277.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3273.JPG

IMG_3272.JPG

IMG_3270.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3268.JPG

• Pit Bull Tex changed the title to What is it worth about.Added pictures

As above, it's worth exactly what you paid for it.

In 2011, when they were still readily available, I bought two several months apart from Sportsman's Warehouse for $389.99 ea.

• Pit Bull Tex changed the title to Guess I will more this to the classified.Added pictures

I may move this to the Classified.

On 6/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, Pit Bull Tex said:

TTN hammered double.Looks new.Two small light marks on stock.Don't think it has been touch by a smith.Just got it yesterday and clean it up this morning.

I got mine 15 years ago and it is still going strong. Probably the best thing to ever come out of China.

Yours has prettier wood than mine. Hope you like it.

• Pit Bull Tex changed the title to just delete it..Added pictures

I am going to have it slicked up and try to shoot it.Going to try and shoot it with all brass shells.I am a little old to try it but thought I would try.

• Pit Bull Tex changed the title to Think I may try it after it is slicked up..Added pictures

WHAT ???  TOO OLD???  No way.  I have 6 Hammer doubles.  An antique J P SAUER, An antique Husqvarna, two TTN/Cimarron, A brandy knew Pietta and a Pedersoli.  All I shoot are ALL BRASS hulls and BP or Subs.  Too Old,  " BALDERDASH "  NEVER EVER too old for FUN!!  If yours is like mine, all you will need to do is swap out the Top Lever Spring for the wire one from Slix.  DEHORN those hammers.  Before you do anything else, DEHORN those hammers.

nice shotgun , enjoy it , im just getting started with a hammered one , have always used my early purchase hamerless but always wanted hammers , im going to have fun with it i think , 

I just dehorned the hammers and shot 12 rounds with it.The brass shells come out easy.The first two rounds I put two fingers on the triggers and doubled it, then I just started with one finger.It is some heavier that my single trigger shotgun but I think I may try to learn to shoot it.I cocked with my thumb and I am sure Possum will show me the right way.I may not be strong enough to cock like Possum does.It seem easy enough to cock.

Pictures with I-PHONE

Hey PBT, you going to be at Trailhead this week? Would love to see you!

and if you are loading brass hulls, I have a antique priming tool that works well. I’ll bring it to you. 

I prime on my Mac with some pieces I made.The shinny peoples are the ones I made.

thumbnail-5.jpeg

thumbnail-6.jpeg

thumbnail-7.jpeg

Archived