SASS Wire Forum

Good One About Starbucks

Subdeacon Joe

I’m not crazy about all their flavors, but I do like the “burnt coffee” flavor of the plain brew.  I always get mine black when I go there, which is not daily.

My wife loves Starbucks. I used to  get a cup of black “Blonde”coffee there on occasion. Like 2 or 3 cups a year if I was with her and she wanted to go there.

Once they started their “Anti-police” bull crap they lost me all together as a customer. 

I like their House Blend, I buy the beans and grind 'em myself. 

I used to buy Starbucks until I started seeing all of their liberal policies come to light. Even though I liked their coffee, I have boycotted Starbucks for the past 10 years.

There’s a Starbucks not far from me and across the street is the Willoughby Police Station. Cops go in there all the time. I think it depends on what store it is and who manages it. There’s thousands of Starbucks stores. They’re not all anti-police.

There’s a Starbucks about 3 blocks from the apartment complex. When I’m out walking in the morning I see dozens of the Millenials drive out and come back about 20 minutes later. They get out of their cars with a Starbucks cup and go back into their apartments....where they have a full kitchen and could make their own coffee.   :wacko:

I figure that’s 4 bucks minimum per day. That’s over a grand a year. 
Then there’s the energy drinks that seem to guzzle all day. And of course nobody brown bags their lunch anymore.
Most folks change jobs about every 3-5 years these days as I recall. So their pensions are pretty much non existent. 
What does the future hold? I dunno. Glad I won’t be here

A few years ago around Christmas they advertised a new concoction of some sort.  We had been out and about and in the mood for a dessert coffee so we  stopped at one and tried it.  First time in 4 or 5 years.  Haven't been back since. 

We will sometimes buy their bagged coffee at Safeway if it is on special below the cost of our usual coffee.  That's about once or twice a year.

11 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A few years ago around Christmas they advertised a new concoction of some sort.  We had been out and about and in the mood for a dessert coffee so we  stopped at one and tried it.  First time in 4 or 5 years.  Haven't been back since. 

We will sometimes buy their bagged coffee at Safeway if it is on special below the cost of our usual coffee.  That's about once or twice a year.

I sometimes buy their coffee at the supermarket but I can only find the beans at Starbucks. I like to grind beans myself. I like other coffees too not just Starbucks. 

32 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I sometimes buy their coffee at the supermarket but I can only find the beans at Starbucks. I like to grind beans myself. I like other coffees too not just Starbucks. 

I get my beans from Black Rifle Coffee Co. by subscription. Every 3 weeks.

I buy Folger’s Classic Roast. Folger’s has been around since before the Civil War and was the first to can coffee in 1861

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I haven't tried that, heard it was good stuff. I sure like their political views. I'm gonna have to order some. Maybe tonight!

56 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I buy Folger’s Classic Roast. Folger’s has been around since before the Civil War and was the first to can coffee in 1961. 

Stale coffee! They roast that stuff months ahead of time and vacuum pack it.  It's all about when the beans were roasted which is why all the more expensive coffees cost more. I used to buy Folgers all the time until I hooked on fresh coffee! I buy the beans and grind them up as I need them. Starbucks and coffees like that pull their coffee after a couple months so you always get fresh stuff! The Folgers you're buying could have been roasted a year ago!

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Stale coffee! They roast that stuff months ahead of time and vacuum pack it.  It's all about when the beans were roasted which is why all the more expensive coffees cost more. I used to buy Folgers all the time until I hooked on fresh coffee! I buy the beans and grind them up as I need them. Starbucks and coffees like that pull their coffee after a couple months so you always get fresh stuff! The Folgers you're buying could have been roasted a year ago!

It’s what I like. 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s what I like. 

That's your choice! It's cheaper I'll say that much!

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's your choice! It's cheaper I'll say that much!

I have tried a bunch of different coffees. I am talking like 30-40 brands / styles. Most of them smell and taste like IPA beer and car tires. Seattle’s Best makes some good coffee but I really don’t care for a lot of the other “gourmet coffees”. Thank god we have choices, huh? :)

Howdy,,

Starbucks was the source of some good hardware. Press coffeemakers and such.

Ive  about settled on dunkin donut for beans I grind as needed.

Fresh is fresh and stale gets dumped in the garden. Makes fair fertilizer.

I once found a bag of DD way in the back of a cupboard.

I called DD home office and asked if it was worth trying.

They asked for my address and sent me the freshest bag of coffee ever.

The local DD guys donated several bags to my packages sent to my nephew in the sandbox.

Hows that for a run on sentence?

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I buy Folger’s Classic Roast. Folger’s has been around since before the Civil War and was the first to can coffee in 1961. 

I go between that and Yuban (Arbuckles) for my "everyday" morning coffee during the week.  Weekends or evenings I'll go to something a little more nuanced.  

dumbo-brooklyn-arbuckle-coffee-john-arbuckle-history-8.jpg

A Christmas Coffee Story - Olam Specialty Coffee

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I love Black Rifle Coffee.  My wife always gets me a couple of boxes for my birthday and Xmas (as well as the jerkies).

I don’t drink coffee, (can’t! I’m allergic!!) so I probably shouldn’t comment, but it seems like a LOT of money for a cup of coffee when you can spend about twice as much and buy enough to drink for a couple of weeks, making it yourself!

On a separate note, yesterday, Starbucks agreed to allow their employees to wear BLM apparel while on the job!!

Make of that what you will.

14 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It’s what I like. 

It’s like wine. If you enjoy it, it’s a good one. Doesn’t matter what others think.

Archived