SASS Wire Forum

Lady Antebellum

Rye Miles #13621

So they changed their name to Lady A..........Antebellum is a apparently a reference to life in the south before the civil war...........

thoughts??

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/lady-antebellum-changes-band-name-over-connection-to-slavery/

I couldn't care less.  Never listened to them anyway.  I only listen to OLD Country Music.  The new stuff is nothing but pop/rap, not country in my opinion.  Think I'll go plug in a Merle Haggard cd.

Maybe Alabama will just have to change their name to "A", since I'm sure the name Alabama would have to be considered racist.

In order to be sufficiently “commercial” you have to clean up your image to be less offensive to a broader audience  and sell more product.  It’s about increasing or maintaining revenue.  It’s an antiseptic business decision devoid of value other than the bottom line.

I just read that a few hours ago and thought "How stupid". This PC crap is out of hand.

Before long, every city named Leesburg will be renamed some else regardless of original intent.

I wonder how many sales they expect to add to their income from among those that they endeavor to appease??

I met a fellow businessman, whose name was Bob Lee.  Further in the conversation, he eventually admitted that his full name was Robert E. Lee, and he quietly indicated he can’t use his full name for business purposes

15 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

So they changed their name to Lady A..........Antebellum is a apparently a reference to life in the south before the civil war...........

thoughts??

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/lady-antebellum-changes-band-name-over-connection-to-slavery/

The word "Antebellum" is Latin, and literally means "before the war."  It is used by historians to refer to the pre-Civil War timeframe.  So, "antebellum South" refers to the southern US during the slavery period.  

That much is fact.

But I hardly believe they are glorifying slavery with the name.

That said, I couldn't care less what they call themselves.  

1 minute ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

gonna end up being another Dixie Chicks...

Who?

12 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

Seems there is Black Lady Blues singer  who has been Lady A since the 80s 

You’re right her name is Anita White shes 61 from Seattle. She’s furious!! I can’t get the link from my phone. Look her up! 
thanks, Doug

Now they go and take the title name that a Black Woman Singer already has. They keep messing up.

Guess every Southern State will have to rename their name, especially South Carolina. Keep it coming folks.

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

You’re right her name is Anita White shes 61 from Seattle. She’s furious!! I can’t get the link from my phone. Look her up! 
thanks, Doug

Some things you just can't make up.

12 hours ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

I couldn't care less.  Never listened to them anyway.  I only listen to OLD Country Music.  The new stuff is nothing but pop/rap, not country in my opinion.  Think I'll go plug in a Merle Haggard cd.

Maybe Alabama will just have to change their name to "A", since I'm sure the name Alabama would have to be considered racist.

Right.  I never heard of them until I read this.

They're actually not too bad for the "new country sound". This video sucks but the song's not bad.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyAntebellum

They have been called Lady A by country radio disc jockeys for a long time. Well before any of the current protests.

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

thanks, Doug

She should immediately sue 

Howdy,

That is a LATIN term. It existed thousands of years before the Civil war.

The Brothers war.

Which was about way more than slavery.

And Im so tired of people who were never slaves trading on that word.

Somehow the word BULLY keeps coming to mind.

Best

CR

They think a lot of themselves, considering that they are really just a run of the mill act like nearly every other “today’s country” act out there!! 

It is doubtful that many BLM protestors even know that they exist!!! ^_^ :rolleyes:

They could call themselves "Lady Postbellum" 

For crying in a bucket...when will this lunacy subside?  It's getting so you can't say anything, because it might "offend" someone! 

There is an old saying..."if you look for the evil in man, you shall surely find it."  I suppose someone will say that the use of the word "man" is sexist!!!

No matter what...someone(s), somewhere, will find something to complain about  Some people see things everywhere they look, even when it is not there, and never has been. 

I guess my plans to open a oriental restaurant, and call it "Rotsa Ruck", is out of the question now!!!!

It won't be long before they censor the last scene of the Christmas movie, with Ralphie, and his family, celebrating at the oriental restaurant. 

Gee-Whizzy.

W.K.

We better all buy that movie now, before some P.C. moron, leftist, Hollywood, television exec, bans it.!!!

I'm as serious as a heart attack....this one is destined for the chopping block, or else, to have this part of the movie removed. 

This movie is doomed anyway.  It is set around Christmas; it has no other people groups represented, except the oriental restaurant employees, which are "shown in a bad light"; it's main theme is acquiring a Red Ryder BB gun (oh goodness, laying the foundation for a mass shooter, in the future) Oh, Red Ryder was "white, and had a child companion called "Little Beaver" which shows disrespect to Native Ameicans; it shows Ralphie being punished (heaven forbid we "torture" our children like that!!!) by having to hold a bar of soap in his mouth, as punishment for saying a cuss word; by having the bullies get their come-uppance, and "encouraging" fist fighting; by showing a kid getting his tongue stuck on a frozen flag pole (putting bad ideas in our children's minds); for having a flag pole that flies the American flag; for referring to a child as "orphan" (as in the Orphan Annie de-coding ring).  We need to refer to them in a more positive light as a "parent challenged adolescent", and never an "orphan". 

Heck....thinking about this, I can now see a total ban, and destroying of the movie, It is full of awful things that the P.C. crowd can't tolerate...which means they have made the decision that you can't tolerate it either!!!! 

It's enough to make you want to wolf in your Wheaties!!! Oops...the gluten free crowd will object to the word "Wheaties"!!!

See what I mean!

W.K.

4 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

We better all buy that movie now, before some P.C. moron, leftist, Hollywood, television exec, bans it.!!!

I'm as serious as a heart attack....this one is destined for the chopping block, or else, to have this part of the movie removed. 

This movie is doomed anyway.  It is set around Christmas; it has no other people groups represented, except the Japanese restaurant employees, which are "shown in a bad light"; it's main theme is acquiring a Red Ryder BB gun (oh goodness, laying the foundation for a mass shooter, in the future) Oh, Red Ryder was white, and had a child companion called "Little Beaver" which shows disrespect to Native Ameicans; it shows Ralphie being punished (heaven forbid we "torture" our children like that!!!) by having to hold a bar of soap in his mouth, as punishment for saying a cuss word; by having the bullies get their come-uppance, and "encouraging" fist fighting; by showing a kid getting his tongue stuck on a frozen flag pole (putting bad ideas in our children's minds); for having a flag pole that flies the American flag; for referring to a child as "orphan" (as in the Orphan Annie de-coding ring).  We need to refer to them in a more positive light as a "parent challenged adolescent", and never an "orphan". 

Heck....thinking about this, I can now see a total ban, and destroying of the movie, It is full of awful things that the P.C. crowd can't tolerate...which means they have made the decision that you can't tolerate it either!!!! 

It's enough to make you want to wolf in your Wheaties!!! Oops...the gluten free crowd will object to the word "Wheaties"!!!

See what I mean!

W.K.

Can't disagree with you but.........

1 hour ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

This movie is doomed anyway.  It is set around Christmas; it has no other people groups represented, except the Japanese restaurant employees, which are "shown in a bad light"; it's main theme is acquiring a Red Ryder BB gun (oh goodness, laying the foundation for a mass shooter, in the future) Oh, Red Ryder was white, and had a child companion called "Little Beaver" which shows disrespect to Native Ameicans; it shows Ralphie being punished (heaven forbid we "torture" our children like that!!!) by having to hold a bar of soap in his mouth, as punishment for saying a cuss word; by having the bullies get their come-uppance, and "encouraging" fist fighting; by showing a kid getting his tongue stuck on a frozen flag pole (putting bad ideas in our children's minds); for having a flag pole that flies the American flag; for referring to a child as "orphan" (as in the Orphan Annie de-coding ring).  We need to refer to them in a more positive light as a "parent challenged adolescent", and never an "orphan". 

See what I mean!

W.K.

Uhh it’s a Chinese restaurant. Maybe the source of the Corona virus. ;)

Archived