SASS Wire Forum

Passing it down

Highwall

My daughter learned to shoot a handgun with a S&W model 34 kit gun. Now she is at the age when first I taught her to shoot and wants to teach her sons in the same way. 

Luckily I still had the gun and was able to pass it on. I hope they get the same enjoyment out of it that we did back in the day.:rolleyes:

S&W 34.jpg

13 minutes ago, Highwall said:

My daughter learned to shoot a handgun with a S&W model 34 kit gun. Now she is at the age when first I taught her to shoot and wants to teach her sons in the same way. 

Luckily I still had the gun and was able to pass it on. I hope they get the same enjoyment out of it that we did back in the day.:rolleyes:

S&W 34.jpg

It's been one great gun for a couple generations.

And future generations of Highwalls are gonna smile and say "Why, this was Great-Great-Great Grandpaw Highwall - the original Highwall! - Highwall's gun!"   ^_^

It is right and proper for multiple generations to learn thusly, especially when the tool on which they learn, has such a long and rich history!

Well done indeed!

I had one and it was such a nice, incredibly accurate gun.

Sadly, here in Canada it has become prohibited because mine had a barrel less than 4.2 inches.

Be glad you have the NRA fighting for you.

• 3 months later...

Not ready to pass it on yet but the truth is my Bearcat shoots much more accurately at 25 yds than the model 34 did with adjustable sights! :rolleyes:

Bearcat Ruger.jpg

All of us, our families, and friends, better vote this year, or else we will only be passing down stories, and pictures.

I have one son, and one grandson to pass my stuff down to. If push comes to shove, and we lose this election, all I will be able to pass down to them is

the map showing where I buried them.

If all the firearm owner don't vote, you better have a big stash of Chap-Stick...is all I can say.

W.K.

Archived