SASS Wire Forum

Really? Tear down the Washington Monument!

Highwall

Where does it stop? Sorry but we cannot erase history. Washington was the father of this great country and yes he had salves but remember he gave them their freedom when he died. We  should not dwell on things that happened hundreds of years ago. Let's focus on today's issues and find a way to solve them. 

Sometimes political correctness can spoil what's right from wrong.  Prayer is the answer.

Sure!!  Take down the monument!! But not before we take down every monument to MLK, Harriet Tubbman, Rosa Parks, and every other statue, monument, and street sign to EVERY person of fame or historical significance!!

Take ‘em ALL down and forget all the history that brought us to where we are today!!  No plaques, no statues, no monuments!!  No plazas, no buildings, no historical homes, and NOTHING named after anyone!!

Once this is done, there won’t be anything for any group to bitc# about!!

AND IF YOU BELIEVE THAT.......:rolleyes: <_<

This does not surprise me.

15 hours ago, Highwall said:

Where does it stop? Sorry but we cannot erase history. Washington was the father of this great country and yes he had salves but remember he gave them their freedom when he died. We  should not dwell on things that happened hundreds of years ago. Let's focus on today's issues and find a way to solve them. 

Sometimes political correctness can spoil what's right from wrong.  Prayer is the answer.

I'm all for it. Just a large phalix symbol. It's like sticking your finger up at God. The entire DC layout is a Satanic symbol

Howdy,

I say tear down every monument that make me feel …...

Well I will be filling in the blank as mood changes from day to day.

It getting real silly.

Best

CR

I don’t put much stock in people that talk like 5 year olds and act like teenagers. I do believe it’s time for the spankings to begin. 

We used to be a Democracy of the majority vote, now just one p#ss ant complains and we have to change a hundred years of history. This PC crap is getting old like me! One person in a neighboring state complained about Christmas trees on the Green, now no more Christmas trees. Give me a  break. The inmates are running the asylum.

The history EVERYONE needs to read is how the Nazis came into power in Germany. From the 1920’s up through WW2. 

We are seeing it here now. We need to stop it NOW!

Our modern society is historically illiterate, I don't think it's accidental. I've seen what too many High Schools don't teach or fail to teach, no basic grounding in world history, American history, or even it seems government. And in college I've had the misfortune to see a lot of what is currently taught and it is an almost exclusively negative narrative towards America and Western culture. Even in recent and/or current events I've seen revisionist history where the story and narrative completely change within weeks sometimes days where they completely contradict what was just reported weeks or days before. 

Just as an example I can remember when the president was roundly criticized for first stopping travel from China and then Europe by the press, hollywood, in social media, and by the opposition political party as well as some members of his own party. Then a few weeks later as people started dying he was criticized for not acting sooner by the same characters. 

Whereas when I was young you were taught to understand and evaluate individuals and history in the context of its and their time; now it seems everything is judged through a modern lens of identity politics, political correctness, the patriarchy, sexism, and racism.

And in the last 3 years and especially in the last few month even more so there seems to be a concerted effort to push people into panic, fear, and heavy virtue signaling with mobs on social media pushing narratives and attempting to bully anyone who doesn't agree. I honestly think it is a very organized effort.

39 minutes ago, Raylan said:

Our modern society is historically illiterate, I don't think it's accidental. I've seen what too many High Schools don't teach or fail to teach, no basic grounding in world history, American history, or even it seems government. And in college I've had the misfortune to see a lot of what is currently taught and it is an almost exclusively negative narrative towards America and Western culture. Even in recent and/or current events I've seen revisionist history where the story and narrative completely change within weeks sometimes days where they completely contradict what was just reported weeks or days before. 

Just as an example I can remember when the president was roundly criticized for first stopping travel from China and then Europe by the press, hollywood, in social media, and by the opposition political party as well as some members of his own party. Then a few weeks later as people started dying he was criticized for not acting sooner by the same characters. 

Whereas when I was young you were taught to understand and evaluate individuals and history in the context of its and their time; now it seems everything is judged through a modern lens of identity politics, political correctness, the patriarchy, sexism, and racism.

And in the last 3 years and especially in the last few month even more so there seems to be a concerted effort to push people into panic, fear, and heavy virtue signaling with mobs on social media pushing narratives and attempting to bully anyone who doesn't agree. I honestly think it is a very organized effort.

And you are absolutely correct!!  A consistent and concerted effort is being put forth to agitate and inflame portions of the population, to mislead and misdirect those who won’t be stirred up, and to vilify those who refuse to be cowed or intimidated.

Now today in the paper they want to take the weather vane off the building at Dartmouth College. Seems it has a pine tree with the founder sitting at a barrel of rum with an Native American smoking a long pipe. Really! The state is also going to paint in 25 foot letters "Black Lives Matter" on the road in front of the capitol. What about every one elses lives?  I think this crap is going to create more prejudice over time than eliminating it. JMHO

Nor Hispanic's or Latino's etc. I wonder how they'd feel if we were able to stop paying for all the things they get for Free! Welfare, food stamps etc. :(

On 6/12/2020 at 8:15 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

We used to be a Democracy of the majority vote, now just one p#ss ant complains and we have to change a hundred years of history. This PC crap is getting old like me! One person in a neighboring state complained about Christmas trees on the Green, now no more Christmas trees. Give me a  break. The inmates are running the asylum.

We have NEVER been a Democracy of majority vote.  We have always been a democratic REPUBLIC, which is not at all the same thing. 

A democracy ruled by majority vote is exactly what the progressives want, as there would be no provisions for basic rights, everything would be subject to a vote, majority wins.

Gecko lives Matter

My wife no longer questions why I have thousands of rounds of ammo stored and now wants my .45 Colt holstered and hanging on the bed headboard. 

She says it's hard to sleep at night thinking there are radical people out there that hate us for our conservative beliefs.  :FlagAm:

The lawyer for George floyd said he is against removing statues because history is important lest it be repeated.   

If all statues are removed,  then nothing in our history happened to any race and thus no one owes anyone an apology or reparations.   There is no history of slavery for you to be mad at me about. 

On 6/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Won't be long before they want the Statue of Liberty down.

Maybe Mount Rushmore will be next....And they might be thinking of Arlington National Cemetery...Got to get rid of history...

Texas Lizard

On 6/13/2020 at 2:25 PM, Eyesa Horg said:

Now today in the paper they want to take the weather vane off the building at Dartmouth College. Seems it has a pine tree with the founder sitting at a barrel of rum with an Native American smoking a long pipe. 

I must be defective ~ I just don't see what's offensive about the weathervane.  :huh:

But shux!  If they're gonna get rid of it, can I have it??  :)

Dartmouth to Replace Weather Vane Atop Baker Library Tower ...                            Around New England: At Dartmouth, a Mission in the Wind - Design ...

HELL!!  They’ll probably want to dig up and move the National Cemetery at Arlington because it sits on ground once owned and donated by the family of Robert E. Lee!!

I did not learn what I know about history from inscriptions in statues.  I bet you didn’t either.  At no time in our history has information ( and misinformation) flowed so freely.  To fight back buy books that support your point of view and donate them to school libraries and public libraries.  Start your own internet blogs and podcasts.  Challenge views on Facebook and Twitter. Let the news media know when you detect biased reporting.  Let the sponsors of those broadcasts know you will remember what they sponsor.

We are going to have to become as obnoxiously proactive for our views as those who are pulling down statues.

Howdy,

One of the strangest things is that sometimes you get what you ask for.

And you find out its not what you want at ALL.

Some guys think they want a rocket fast supercar.

What they get is other guys bothering them every time they park the car.

NO privacy....And cops pull you over to tell you they just know you were speeding

but the radar said 30 in a 30....

Get a honda accord and put on some shocks and really good tires.

WAy fun and NO ONE asks anything. Cops just yawn and have another doonut.

Drive like a maniac in a toyotoa van and nobody cares.

Best

CR

1 hour ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

One of the strangest things is that sometimes you get what you ask for.

And you find out its not what you want at ALL.

Some guys think they want a rocket fast supercar.

What they get is other guys bothering them every time they park the car.

NO privacy....And cops pull you over to tell you they just know you were speeding

but the radar said 30 in a 30....

Get a honda accord and put on some shocks and really good tires.

WAy fun and NO ONE asks anything. Cops just yawn and have another doonut.

Drive like a maniac in a toyotoa van and nobody cares.

Best

CR

I drove a fire engine red corvette for years and my son drove a black firebird neither of us was ever pulled over driving them

7 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

once owned and donated by the family of Robert E. Lee!!

Uhh, no.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/history1.htm

Arlington was for many years the estate of Colonel Robert E. Lee. Lee had graduated at the top of his class at West Point and had faithfully served his nation as an Army Officer throughout the Mexican War and then in Engineering and Cavalry assignments throughout our young nation. At the onset of the Civil War, after first refusing the command of all Union forces, he volunteered his services to his home state of Virginia. During the course of the war, his former estate was seized by the Union Army, which made it a headquarters. In 1864, with Union dead piling up throughout the Washington area, the search for a suitable site for a military cemetery resulted in a recommendation from Major General Montgomery Cunningham Meigs (the Union Quartermaster General) that Lee's former estate be converted to a burial ground. Meigs, a Southern native, had remained loyal to the Union and reportedly hated Lee for his service to the Confederate cause. Out of the death and destruction of the Civil War, and from this personal hatred, was born Arlington National Cemetery.

Arlington was not donated by Lee's family. Arlington was stolen by the Yankee Army. They turned it into a cemetery because that was the nastiest thing they could think of to do the General Lee - bury enemy soldiers in his front yard.

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Uhh, no.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/history1.htm

Arlington was for many years the estate of Colonel Robert E. Lee. Lee had graduated at the top of his class at West Point and had faithfully served his nation as an Army Officer throughout the Mexican War and then in Engineering and Cavalry assignments throughout our young nation. At the onset of the Civil War, after first refusing the command of all Union forces, he volunteered his services to his home state of Virginia. During the course of the war, his former estate was seized by the Union Army, which made it a headquarters. In 1864, with Union dead piling up throughout the Washington area, the search for a suitable site for a military cemetery resulted in a recommendation from Major General Montgomery Cunningham Meigs (the Union Quartermaster General) that Lee's former estate be converted to a burial ground. Meigs, a Southern native, had remained loyal to the Union and reportedly hated Lee for his service to the Confederate cause. Out of the death and destruction of the Civil War, and from this personal hatred, was born Arlington National Cemetery.

Arlington was not donated by Lee's family. Arlington was stolen by the Yankee Army. They turned it into a cemetery because that was the nastiest thing they could think of to do the General Lee - bury enemy soldiers in his front yard.

Perhaps “donated” was too kind a choice of words.

Stolen and looted seemed not quite “Politically Correct” enough in the current state of things.  We have no sarcasm icon!!

Archived