SASS Wire Forum

Salute

Subdeacon Joe

Jaimi Zeiders

So, I’ve learned/seen a lot while working from home everyday these past few months....by far my favorite yet, is this sweet old man that walks almost everyday. I am guessing(sorry if I am wrong) he is probably in his 80’s. That in itself is impressive. As the weather got nicer I would take a break or my lunch and sit on my deck. I noticed that he stops and salutes every American Flag he sees flying. So, last week while taking a few minutes to myself I saw him walking and took this video. It brought tears to my eyes the first time I saw him do it months ago but again when watching this video back. Hope y’all enjoyed it as much as I do! 

Last year, I erected a flagpole in my front yard.  I fly Ol’ Glory, of course, and usually the Lone Star flag, but I will sometimes alternate other flags.  No complaints from the neighbors, but I haven’t seen any salutes either.  

The obvious Q would probably include, “Do you fly the Confederate flag?”  No, but there’s likely to be a stir if I fly my Longhorn flag ( Univ of Texas) from my Aggie (TX A&M) neighbor.

50 minutes ago, South-Eye Ned said:

Last year, I erected a flagpole in my front yard.  I fly Ol’ Glory, of course, and usually the Lone Star flag, but I will sometimes alternate other flags.  No complaints from the neighbors, but I haven’t seen any salutes either.  

The obvious Q would probably include, “Do you fly the Confederate flag?”  No, but there’s likely to be a stir if I fly my Longhorn flag ( Univ of Texas) from my Aggie (TX A&M) neighbor.

I saw a guy complain about a Lone Star flag once. He thought it was Cuban. :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, he was an idiot.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I saw a guy complain about a Lone Star flag once. He thought it was Cuban. :rolleyes::lol:

Yeah, he was an idiot.

What an idiot he was!  It looks nothing like a cigar!

I do the same thing but nobody calls me sweet. Whassup with that? ;)

11 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

I would like a flag pole, but as of yet, still don't have one. I have a bracket on my porch to mount a flag to. I salute it after putting it up, and before taking it down. Come to think of it, Mrs. Doc hasn't called me sweet in awhile... 

Archived