SASS Wire Forum

Confessions, what’s yours?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

Just never admit to liking Barry Manilow, and you'll be OK.

Now that you mention it...

I don't.

I hate people. All of them. I'm opinionated but my opinions are correct. Neighbors suck and I wish they would drink antifreeze.  You get the point.

Can't run with the Bulls so I have to kill em

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

I hate people. All of them. I'm opinionated but my opinions are correct. Neighbors suck and I wish they would drink antifreeze.  You get the point.

So, how was your day?

Back in the 60's I was a radical liberal, but today I am a right wing conservative American cowboy and I'm probably a racist too, and I don't give a rats-a$$ what the liberals think of me, they can kiss my.....go pound sand!

I perform for my own satisfaction!!  It makes me happy if folks like what I do, but if they don't.... OH WELL!!

The rest of my confession is contained in my signature!!

3 hours ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Back in the 60's I was a radical liberal, but today I am a right wing conservative American cowboy and I'm probably a racist too, and I don't give a rats-a$$ what the liberals think of me, they can kiss my.....go pound sand!

I forget who it was that said if you're not liberal when you're young, then you don't have a heart; but, if you're not conservative when you get older, then you don't have a brain.

Might've been Churchill but someone smarter than me probably knows fer shore

On 6/12/2020 at 6:11 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I do not like professional sports.

I actually like some Disco, mostly for the memories. 

Like Whiskey Hicks, I have been sober for a while now also, but for six years. Me and alcohol had a toxic love affair, but I broke it off. ;)

Pat,

I seem to recall an earlier reference to Disco! ;)

2020_06_13_09_35_10.jpg.59510babae3c8b0de83c3bb5ee814841.jpg

I’m lucky to still have a job during this Q, but I work entirely remotely via my work pc.  Sometimes, I wear my western hat while I work.  There; I said it.

27 minutes ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Pat,

I seem to recall an earlier reference to Disco! ;)

2020_06_13_09_35_10.jpg.59510babae3c8b0de83c3bb5ee814841.jpg

Kit, are you actually a female in disguise? :P

I am beginning to wonder. You seem to remember things that most guys would either forget or not bother with...:lol:

Please note: I said “No disco DANCING for me.”
Some of the music, on the other hand, brings back some wonderful memories from high school and some good times I have had. 

On 6/11/2020 at 7:25 PM, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Poetry, I just don’t get it.

Jazz either.

I just don't get Rap.

(I posted this before I read any of the other posts.  Seems some of us agree.) ^_^

I didn't get my college degree until five years after I retired from the Army.  I told my sweet English 102 teacher I didn't like poetry; that I just didn't get it.  She asked me what's my favorite and least liked kinds of music.  I told her.  She asked me what's my favorite and least liked styles of art.  I told her.  Same with novels.  I told her.  She then told me to do the same with poetry, find what you like and avoid what you don't like.  She opened a whole new room for me to enjoy.

Here's one of my favorite poems:

Now this Bill Kerr does "The Shooting of Dan McGrew" justice.

20 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I forget who it was that said if you're not liberal when you're young, then you don't have a heart; but, if you're not conservative when you get older, then you don't have a brain.

Might've been Churchill but someone smarter than me probably knows fer shore

It was Churchill. If you look it up there are lots of variations and quibbling about the quote and the originator, probably by liberal students and scholars who have to find a way to validate their inane lives, but anyway, here it is:

"If You're Not A Liberal When You're 25, You Have No Heart. If You're Not A Conservative By The Time You're 35, You Have No Brain" -- Winston Churchill

23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Kit, are you actually a female in disguise? :P

I am beginning to wonder. You seem to remember things that most guys would either forget or not bother with...:lol:

Please note: I said “No disco DANCING for me.”
Some of the music, on the other hand, brings back some wonderful memories from high school and some good times I have had. 

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748,

Actually I'm more of an analyst.

The WIRE is an enclosed environment, therefore, everything you need is in one place.

I like riddles, secret messages, hidden meanings (as reflected in my Alias).

I have over 4,400 existing attachments I can draw from that have been inserted in previous posts.

image.png.9e5d3fd3ffe5874a3d834f37839bdf0e.png

image.png.ffe9ff0b309253aee9b835192201ea7c.png

I've done numerous tracking of New Members, Posts, Avatars, etc. on the WIRES.

I've created many spreadsheets re: same.

Remember this one?

5981e126480c9_PATRIOTLIKESHISTORY.thumb.JPG.fe1a4a0fabe5b605dbd4c6c60bf7ea69.JPG5981e149939fa_PATRIOTLIKESHISTORY-DailyTallies.thumb.JPG.fdc5271cb703c300165ced6f9a2865f8.JPG

8 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

FKCGG:

Sorry, but there's something creepy about someone spending that much time and effort to track a cowboy's posts.....

LL

LL

Actually that was something I did for Pat to answer an issue he had and I assisted in getting him the answer.

Pards helping Pards.

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Remember this one?

I do remember. 

I find it odd you still have it. I honestly cannot remember why you did this, but if you notice how things dropped off in July 2017? That’s when I crashed my bike and ended up out of commission for a few weeks. 

I used to like a large glass of milk and either a bag of Lay’s potato chips or a bag of Doritos Nacho Cheese chips for breakfast when I had the metabolism of a hummingbird. I no longer drink milk or each the chemical covered concoction they call Doritos. 

On 6/14/2020 at 10:38 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I do remember. 

I find it odd you still have it. I honestly cannot remember why you did this, but if you notice how things dropped off in July 2017? That’s when I crashed my bike and ended up out of commission for a few weeks. 

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748,

Your response to my post:

5981df8bea62c_WhatyoumaynothaveknownaboutLIKES-THREAD.JPG.396648f58235c25bedb4880e0d7cbf97.JPG

5981df8234ba1_PatRiotinquiryregardingLeaderboardLIKES.JPG.6a8e10791074f9ed76a49d02a7d4101c.JPG

And I remember when that occurred:

My mother was a good cook because she took home economics when she was in high school.  What I’m trying to say is that maternal grandmother’s cooking was the worst.  (The other grandmother made wonderful desserts!)

I do not 'get' dancing.  I have played trumpet and sax in all kinds of bands for 40+ years, but I do not understand or enjoy moving to music (even though I marched in high school and drum corps).  It is enough to me to listen to the point of taking it with me to remember.

I confess I like Making Large Clouds of Smoke .... Like filling da Saloon at WR in 2016 ....

I also Like Dogs that are treated like Dogs not little "Kissy Poo's " ...

Hunting Dogs I like better than Lot's of People ...

I think buying a .45 and Down-loading it to .32 caliber levels is Silly ...

I have Come to like Naps ....

Jabez Cowboy

14 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

It's a way to get a girl's attention.

It’s a vertical expression of a horizontal desire

On 6/12/2020 at 5:00 AM, DocWard said:

I enjoy poetry, from Shakespeare, to Tennyson and Keats, to Frost and others. We had Tennyson's Crossing the Bar at my father-in-law's memorial service, and I would like the same at mine. (Does that count as a confession? I think so!) I don't care so much for more modern poetry. Jazz, on the other hand, I enjoy from time to time. 

I am not particularly interested in poetry though I do admire Siegfried Sassoon (check out “Counter Attack”).  Just about the time the lockdown began my wife got me an old, nicely illustrated, copy of John Greenleaf Whittier’s “Snowbound” about the long New England winters.  It has a lot of relevance for our current situation. 

Seamus

On 6/12/2020 at 5:00 AM, DocWard said:

I enjoy poetry, from Shakespeare, to Tennyson and Keats, to Frost and others. We had Tennyson's Crossing the Bar at my father-in-law's memorial service, and I would like the same at mine. (Does that count as a confession? I think so!) I don't care so much for more modern poetry. Jazz, on the other hand, I enjoy from time to time. 

Archived