SASS Wire Forum

Confessions, what’s yours?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Try reading Robert Service.

His work may change your mind.

That may be true, but you need to confess something, anything. Even if it’s something like not liking cold ketchup on hot fries. Come on now, don’t be bashful.

Hmmm... I consider Kenny Loggins' music one of my guilty pleasures. One of my greatest fears is that if and when my daughters get married, they'll want  House at Pooh Corner for the father-daughter dance. I'll be bawling, and they both know it.

I quit drinking after my brother passed from drinking related illnesses but I confess I really have a craving for scotch sometimes but I’m not going to carry on an old family tradition.

56 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

Poetry, I just don’t get it.

Jazz either.

I generally get poetry, but only for the beauty of the language.  Think Shakespeare (his prose is fine, but when he wants to say something important, he reverts to poetry) and King James Version of the Bible (I understand it may be a bad translation, but don't even care).

I am a very technical player & Baroque is my very favorite, but Grandson #2 gets jazz and has the saxophone to prove it.  He is, fortunately, not above Classical/Romantic cello.

I don't like super hot foods.  Like the craze for things like Ghost Peppers or Carolina Reapers.  Fresnos, jalapenos, serranos, that is about as hot as I'll go.  And the serranos is small quantities in a batch of salsa/pico.

I get annoyed by virtue signaling. I like dogs better than cats, but cats still seem to like me, can't count the number of times someone with a cat said, as a cat jumped in my lap, that's odd they don't usually like people. I have no use for golf either watching or playing. I like 1911's better than Glocks but I have Glocks also and often carry one. I am annoyed by pasta when it isn't cooked al dente and by meatballs that are flavorless balls of bread and/or chewy. I also don't like being told to do anything. 

I do not like professional sports.

I actually like some Disco, mostly for the memories. 

Like Whiskey Hicks, I have been sober for a while now also, but for six years. Me and alcohol had a toxic love affair, but I broke it off. ;)

I'll eat salsa, but I don't like raw tomatoes on sandwiches or by their selves.  

I will not knowingly consume something with mayo in or on it.

I like talking about guns, working on guns, buying and selling guns, loading ammo for guns...but I really love shooting guns.

My brother died of cirrhosis of the liver brought on by years of excessive alcohol consumption.  I've never been a heavy drinker, but I still drink a few beers and a shot or two of hard liquor a week.  

8 hours ago, MizPete said:

I generally get poetry, but only for the beauty of the language.  Think Shakespeare (his prose is fine, but when he wants to say something important, he reverts to poetry) and King James Version of the Bible (I understand it may be a bad translation, but don't even care).

I am a very technical player & Baroque is my very favorite, but Grandson #2 gets jazz and has the saxophone to prove it.  He is, fortunately, not above Classical/Romantic cello.

Baroque I like

Pinched and did without for years to provide for my family.  Empty nester and retired now.  Thinking about buying ME a Motorhome! 

I like professional wrestling :)

No, I'm not kidding, I actually like it.  And yes, I'm a bit of an intellectual (I start work on my THIRD master's degree in August!!!).  I can read Shakespeare and watch professional wrestling in the same day, and not feel guilty about it.  

8 hours ago, MizPete said:

I enjoy poetry, from Shakespeare, to Tennyson and Keats, to Frost and others. We had Tennyson's Crossing the Bar at my father-in-law's memorial service, and I would like the same at mine. (Does that count as a confession? I think so!) I don't care so much for more modern poetry. Jazz, on the other hand, I enjoy from time to time. 

The odd spelling of the last name of my alias speaks to the 23+ years I abused alcohol. (Think Foster Brooks). The 26 years since are a gift from a Higher Power.

I like catsup and tomato soup but will not touch a raw tomato. 

The only musical instrument I ever wanted to play was a church pipe organ.

Imis

Opera and ballet! Never could get into either!

I love jazz but not the real far out stuff, good jazz like BillEvans, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock and lots of the old big bands!

The lady upstairs said I could use her grill. Figured I’d make some beer an chickens, one for them because it’s their grill. I knew they’d offer to pay me so I said $7.

what’s the confession?  I didn’t realize I can’t buy a can of beer for a dollar anymore.

second confession, the recipe only needs half a can of beer, I’ll repurpose an empty soda can by filling it half full of beer.

11 hours ago, DocWard said:

Hmmm... I consider Kenny Loggins' music one of my guilty pleasures. One of my greatest fears is that if and when my daughters get married, they'll want  House at Pooh Corner for the father-daughter dance. I'll be bawling, and they both know it.

I consider Loggins and Messina album "Sittin In" as one of my favorites of all times.

I understand.  I like all sorts of music, but jazz soothes me.

I will never understand how my wife thinks.  I love her, but I will never savvy.

Archived